Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Why Does Bitdefender Free Block Major Website Company (disqus)

Options

Hello everyone , just wondering why does (bitdefender free) block a website service that is used on allmost ever major site on the internet , the commenting service called (disqus) .... disqus is used on every major site for leaving comments... but my bitdefender free blocks from using it

please help , thanks

Comments

• Hello everyone , just wondering why does (bitdefender free) block a website service that is used on allmost ever major site on the internet , the commenting service called (disqus) .... disqus is used on every major site for leaving comments... but my bitdefender free blocks from using it

please help , thanks

Disqus leaves tracking cookies and is barred by such programs as Ghostery whose only function is to prevent tracking coookies being left on your system.

• Disqus leaves tracking cookies and is barred by such programs as Ghostery whose only function is to prevent tracking coookies being left on your system.

That is not a valid response.

As the OP stated, Disqus is a very popular online commenting system, and is used by many sites throughout the world. Major news sites like Engadget, CNN and The Hill, just to name a few in the US, use it. It should not be blocked. Even www.disqus.com itself is blocked, which is ridiculous.

This needs to be fixed. Bitdefender should not be in the business of blocking established websites that have no affiliation with viruses or security risks.

As for Ghostery, its purpose is to give you the ability to block tracking cookies, not to block anything and everything that might leave a cookie. So while it does include Disqus in the list of known sites with tracking cookies, it should not be blocked by default. There are many sites in Ghostery's database that should not be blocked, but are provided only for the end-user's convenience.

• Disqus leaves tracking cookies and is barred by such programs as Ghostery whose only function is to prevent tracking coookies being left on your system.

If that is the logic, might as well block Facebook and Twitter too b/c those sites go even further with their tracking and they actually have personal information on you that they profile you with your surfing habits.

• Nesivos
    Options
    Hello everyone , just wondering why does (bitdefender free) block a website service that is used on allmost ever major site on the internet , the commenting service called (disqus) .... disqus is used on every major site for leaving comments... but my bitdefender free blocks from using it

please help , thanks

I use BD AV Free on my W7-SP1 computer. I also use Firefox v24 with NoScript. When I surfed to Disqus NoScript blocked every ****** on the page and asked me for each one if I wanted to mark them as untrusted.

I then scanned Disqus.com with at Zulu.zscaler.com. It came back with this among other things.

Suspicious Domain name URL Domain: disqus has suspicious character score 2.67

Host checks 7/100

Test Description Risk

Autonomous System Risk ASN 36351 (Softlayer Tech) has risk 33.333333333333336

Overall Zulu.zscaler.com said the website had a benign risk and gave it a security score of 19/100

No link. You can check it yourself by going to the URL I mentioned above and entering Disqus.com. No registration required.

• I use BD AV Free on my W7-SP1 computer. I also use Firefox v24 with NoScript. When I surfed to Disqus NoScript blocked every ****** on the page and asked me for each one if I wanted to mark them as untrusted.

I then scanned Disqus.com with at Zulu.zscaler.com. It came back with this among other things.

Suspicious Domain name URL Domain: disqus has suspicious character score 2.67

Host checks 7/100

Test Description Risk

Autonomous System Risk ASN 36351 (Softlayer Tech) has risk 33.333333333333336

Overall Zulu.zscaler.com said the website had a benign risk and gave it a security score of 19/100

No link. You can check it yourself by going to the URL I mentioned above and entering Disqus.com. No registration required.

Disqus isn't some fringe website. It is probably the most used third party comment system. Major websites like CNN have used it for a long time. It is very safe.

• Nesivos
    Options
    Disqus isn't some fringe website. It is probably the most used third party comment system. Major websites like CNN have used it for a long time. It is very safe.

Exactly. Do you think the bad guys/gals would waist their time on a a "fringe" website? No money in that.

The most popular searches and websites are usually the most infected. Facebook has been known to be a hotbed for malware and disgusting photos.

Lily Collins may destroy your computer (unless you're careful)

Harry Potter star Emma Watson is a has-been!

The girl we watched grow up as Hermione Granger may have a bright future as an actress and fashion icon, but her dubious distinction as "Most Dangerous Cyber Celebrity" has been usurped by the female star of the latest supernatural series to hit the big screen, "The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones" star Lily Collins.

Collins, daughter of musician Phil Collins and No. 4 on People's "Most Beautiful Women" in 2012, is McAfee's No. 1 celebrity most likely to lead to a computer virus for 2013. According to the Internet security firm, searching for the latest Lily Collins pictures and downloads yields a nearly one-in-seven chance of "landing on a website that has tested positive for online threats, such as spyware, adware, spam, phishing, viruses and other malware."

Ghostery also blocks user comments on websites using Disqus by default.

The more popular a website or search the more likely it will be infected.