Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Computer Freezes When Installing New Bitdefender Internet Security

Options

Computer Freezes while Installing New Bitdefender Internet Security in my Windows 8 pro 64bit OS. I have downloaded "bitdefender_is_17_64b" from given direct link in this forum as my Internet Speed is not good. When I tried to install it, freezes the computer in the screen where it check for virus at 60% or 80% or even after completing virus check. Always freezes. My System configuration: Toshiba Notebook L510 with Intel Core i3 processor, 8GB DDR3 RAM, ATI Radeon Premium Graphics, OS Windows 8 pro 64bit.

Comments

• Georgia
    Options

Hi skyrider,

Please attempt the following steps:

1) Make sure there are no other security solutions installed on the machine. Remove them prior to installing Bitdefender.

2) Run this uninstall tool for the new Bitdefender:

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...installTool.exe

Save the tool on the PC, right-click on it and choose "Run as Administrator", click on "Uninstall" then restart the computer when prompted. This process may take a few minutes to complete, please be patient.

3) Run CCleaner to clean up the registry or any other similar program.

4) Disconnect the computer from the internet and install Bitdefender offline. Only reconnect after Bitdefender finishes the installation.

Please let me know if everything went smoothly.

• skyrider
    skyrider
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Hi skyrider,

Please attempt the following steps:

1) Make sure there are no other security solutions installed on the machine. Remove them prior to installing Bitdefender.

2) Run this uninstall tool for the new Bitdefender:

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...installTool.exe

Save the tool on the PC, right-click on it and choose "Run as Administrator", click on "Uninstall" then restart the computer when prompted. This process may take a few minutes to complete, please be patient.

3) Run CCleaner to clean up the registry or any other similar program.

4) Disconnect the computer from the internet and install Bitdefender offline. Only reconnect after Bitdefender finishes the installation.

Please let me know if everything went smoothly.

Did all of them. Still same freezing problem while scanning 25% or even 60%. no luck yet. Why do a internet security like this reputation Freezes while installing in a system? Feel so hopeless as I bought 3 License for 3 PC. Internet Security 2013 did the same freezing problem and that's why i was hoping to use this new one. Still the same problem. By the way... I also disable windows defender before i tried installing it.

• skyrider
    Options
    Did all of them. Still same freezing problem while scanning 25% or even 60%. no luck yet. Why do a internet security like this reputation Freezes while installing in a system? Feel so hopeless as I bought 3 License for 3 PC. Internet Security 2013 did the same freezing problem and that's why i was hoping to use this new one. Still the same problem. By the way... I also disable windows defender before i tried installing it.

I have downloaded Norton 360 trial edition for testing purpose and Just have installed it. Norton installed in my system without any problem and smoothly in 5 min. So I think there is no issue with my System that can be a problem for Bitdefender to install in it unless it has its installation problem. By the way, When I was running Windows 7 Home Premium in my Notebook Last year i tried installing BIS 2013 and it was having same freezing issue. Then I open msconfig in windows 7 and selected Diagnostic Startup. After restating my notebook i was able to install BIS 2013 in my windows 7 home premium. But last December 2012 I bought Windows 8 pro and i installed it in my notebook as a clean OS. I wasn't able to install BIS 2013 in it because of same freezing problem. I did select Diagnostic Startup in windows 8 but this time in windows 8 it dont work like before in Windows 7. It was always freezes while installing. So I was using Windows built in Anti Virus Windows Defender from that time. But as I am taking some Internet shopping or Banking facilities I was thinking that i should use a good Internet Security. So my first choice was New BIS as I already have 3 licenses for my 3 PC and which almost have 90 days left i think in expiring. But I am very much sad now because of BIS team didnt took proper step to make there software better for every PC. They should first take proper survey by installing it in as much as PC they get. Cause a internet security should be as flexible as like when we want to install it in any system now days it should. This is my advices for the betterment of Bitdefender so that we all old customers and also new customers get it attractive and easy to install for our computer.

• I have downloaded Norton 360 trial edition for testing purpose and Just have installed it. Norton installed in my system without any problem and smoothly in 5 min. So I think there is no issue with my System that can be a problem for Bitdefender to install in it unless it has its installation problem.

I follow the BD, Kasperskey IS and Norton IS Forums. On each peeps have reported the inability to install the respective "2014" IS programs on their system.

There is just some unique combination of devices and programs on your machine that prevents BD from installing. There is nothing wrong with the BD installer.

• Georgia
    Options

@ skyrider

If you are still dealing with this issue, please post here a support tool log to further investigate the case:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-to-...t-log-1168.html

or

http://bitdefender.com/diagnostic

You may not be able to upload the BDSP_ log resulted on your Desktop here as it is too big so you can put it on www.sendspace.com and post the download link.

Thank you!

• Hi,

I am experiencing the same issue with Bitdefender Total Security 2013. PC freezes and BSOD during installation (scanning phase). Downloaded and ran the diagnostic tool and have the zip file ready. What should I do next?

Thanks for the help

• UPDATE: Just found out that having ASUS AI Suite 3 installed on the system caused the BSOD issue. I uninstalled it and Bitdefender installed just fine. But I also found out the the system crashes if AI Suite is reinstalled once Bitdefender starts a scan.

How can I resolve this issue?!

Thanks

• Georgia
    Options
    @ Amr Morsy please read our official response here: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=208738