Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

So, Having A Huge Problem With Bitdefender

Options

using BitDefender Internet Security which I upgraded to from the 2013 version. everything was fine at first, had it configured to my liking and whatnot. now all of a sudden no websites will work, programs that access internet such as Skype work fine, but loading anything in a browser does not ever work. I have the firewall disabled and have always had it that way, so it cannot be that. the only thing I keep on is the scanner itself, I have no need for anything else in the program. I'd REALLY like some help with this, had to boot up without BitDefender just to access the net. I've tried uninstalling using the tools on the site, reinstalling, reconfiguring, etc. its getting on my nerves.

Comments

• busterbuddy
    edited September 2013
    Options
    using BitDefender Internet Security which I upgraded to from the 2013 version. everything was fine at first, had it configured to my liking and whatnot. now all of a sudden no websites will work, programs that access internet such as Skype work fine, but loading anything in a browser does not ever work. I have the firewall disabled and have always had it that way, so it cannot be that. the only thing I keep on is the scanner itself, I have no need for anything else in the program. I'd REALLY like some help with this, had to boot up without BitDefender just to access the net. I've tried uninstalling using the tools on the site, reinstalling, reconfiguring, etc. its getting on my nerves.

Try Firewall>Advanced>Turn on internet connection sharing.

I have to do this to access the internet.

• tried that, made no difference. even with the firewall on *and* off, my browser still fails to work. even if its configured properly.

• columbo
    columbo
    edited September 2013
    Options
    ---------------------

---------------------. I've tried uninstalling using the tools on the site, reinstalling, reconfiguring, etc. its getting on my nerves.

Hi Mike, here are my 3 attempts ^_^

1) As part of your above post, have you tried running a repair? http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35489

2) When you upgraded from the 2013 version to the New BD, did you do a complete uninstall through All Programs, or Control panel, then use the Uninstall tool? If what I say, has already been done, then below is a 3 option, otherwise....

First, download the New BD direct full offline download here.

Uninstall the 2014 as mentioned above, then use the 2014 uninstall tool (also grab the 2013 tool while your there). Restart your PC.

Run the 2013 Uninstall tool, restart your PC.

Run CCleaner (free version) in Registry mode, only deleting any leftover BD reg. keys, and run in Cleaner mode too. Restart your PC. At this point, just out of curiosity, check to see if you can get on to the internet.

Now, disconnect from the internet and right click and Run as Admin. the saved BD file. When it asks to check for an update, deny it (that can be done later, via Update Panel). Reconnect to the internet, and see if you can get a web page to load, then check and install the updates. (it will be a big update ^_^)

If you had already done my above uninstall/reinstall song and dance, then consider this 3rd option: http://www.bitdefender.com/support/i-canno...ternet-865.html

Let us know how it goes.

• columbo
    columbo
    edited September 2013
    Options

Just a follow up thought, if the 2013 version was running properly for you, maybe use my uninstall/CCleaner guide from above, and at the point of everything being cleaned up, download (or already have it downloaded) the 2013 version full offline installer from here. Then using the same steps as above to install it, and let some of the dust settle of what may be some New version, "growing pains", before trying to upgrade again. That's up to you :)

• Hi Mike, here are my 3 attempts ^_^

1) As part of your above post, have you tried running a repair? http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35489

2) When you upgraded from the 2013 version to the New BD, did you do a complete uninstall through All Programs, or Control panel, then use the Uninstall tool? If what I say, has already been done, then below is a 3 option, otherwise....

First, download the New BD direct full offline download here.

Uninstall the 2014 as mentioned above, then use the 2014 uninstall tool (also grab the 2013 tool while your there). Restart your PC.

Run the 2013 Uninstall tool, restart your PC.

Run CCleaner (free version) in Registry mode, only deleting any leftover BD reg. keys, and run in Cleaner mode too. Restart your PC. At this point, just out of curiosity, check to see if you can get on to the internet.

Now, disconnect from the internet and right click and Run as Admin. the saved BD file. When it asks to check for an update, deny it (that can be done later, via Update Panel). Reconnect to the internet, and see if you can get a web page to load, then check and install the updates. (it will be a big update ^_^)

If you had already done my above uninstall/reinstall song and dance, then consider this 3rd option: http://www.bitdefender.com/support/i-canno...ternet-865.html

Let us know how it goes.

1. tried the repair before I made this topic

2. did a complete uninstall, using the program and then the downloaded uninstaller, as well as running CCleaner after.

3. that option wouldn't be usable to me because I don't want to run its firewall at all.

I may go back to 2013s version as you suggested. although I would like to stay with 2014s.

• columbo
    Options

Both versions use the same scanning engines and virus signatures, so at least that is peace of mind security wise. The 2014 version does have some nice under the hood and cosmetic (i.e. smaller widget) upgrades, for sure.

BD20132014signaturesandengines_zpsaedff73c.jpg

• Пре######лагаю ва######ему вниманю новый сайт игр онлайн