Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

#### Very Much!

Options

Installed the free version on two different Computers (Win 7 32bit and Win 7 64bit). First, everything went fine, except for the repeated nags to eventually register. So, that's what I did.

As a result, I got unbelievable lags on BOTH computers. I would do a task (as in: any task) and all of a sudden, the computer would freeze for a minute (with Windows' blue "please wait" icon spinning).

Next thing, I decided to uninstall via the native Windows uninstall routine. That failed though - Bitdefender couldn't be removed, but it broke things on BOTH computers. Loading the Desktop failed, Standard users not being able to log in anymore, permission issues, basically all important services deactivated.

Next: Download the Bitdefender uninstall tool. You see, this is a lot of fun especially when the program you want to get rid of has screwed up your system to a point where you can neither access the internet, nor plug in an USB stick so you can run a program that you have downloaded elsewhere. But I am digressing: Uninstall tool didn't work either (should I say "of course"?), so in the end I had to painstakingly figure out what you guys did to my system, and make the needed changes by hand, like restoring proper permissions to crucial system folders, activating essential system services or deactivating the Bitdefender service which your uninstall routine either couldn't or didn't want to.

At least my system is back up and running now, and I can work again. Some things, of course, are still screwed up and I may never be able to fix. For that, and the weekend you cost me to rescue my systems, see thread title.

Verdict: You guys are morons. I have every understanding that, even with a thoroughly designed and maintained product, there may be an unexpected glitch that can cause things to go haywire - and even with the utmost carefulness by the programmer, consequences for the user may be undesirable. But with Bitdefender, NOTHING works: Program is buggy, uninstall fails, and the program you issued because it seems you already knew that you the regular uninstall routine is crap, is crap as well. On top of that, if this only happens on one computer, it may be because of unforeseen settings/circumstances on that machine - if it happens on two computers with very different settings, specs and OS flavors, its just very clearly the result of kamikazee programming.

So at least I can save the time to give more information, you guys couldn't deal with it anyway. Go jump off a cliff, the world will be a better place for it.

Comments

• stebo12
    edited September 2013
    Options

I do agree I have had issues with their software being buggy (BIS 2013 BSODs, All BIS slow performance), but Bitdefender Free so far has worked fine. Fast, easy to use, no popups. The only gripe I have is the system tray icon disappearing. Other than that, this is a great AV for general use protection.

• Nesivos
    Options
    Installed the free version on two different Computers (Win 7 32bit and Win 7 64bit). First, everything went fine, except for the repeated nags to eventually register. So, that's what I did.

As a result, I got unbelievable lags on BOTH computers. I would do a task (as in: any task) and all of a sudden, the computer would freeze for a minute (with Windows' blue "please wait" icon spinning).

Next thing, I decided to uninstall via the native Windows uninstall routine. That failed though - Bitdefender couldn't be removed, but it broke things on BOTH computers. Loading the Desktop failed, Standard users not being able to log in anymore, permission issues, basically all important services deactivated.

Next: Download the Bitdefender uninstall tool. You see, this is a lot of fun especially when the program you want to get rid of has screwed up your system to a point where you can neither access the internet, nor plug in an USB stick so you can run a program that you have downloaded elsewhere. But I am digressing: Uninstall tool didn't work either (should I say "of course"?), so in the end I had to painstakingly figure out what you guys did to my system, and make the needed changes by hand, like restoring proper permissions to crucial system folders, activating essential system services or deactivating the Bitdefender service which your uninstall routine either couldn't or didn't want to.

At least my system is back up and running now, and I can work again. Some things, of course, are still screwed up and I may never be able to fix. For that, and the weekend you cost me to rescue my systems, see thread title.

Verdict: You guys are morons. I have every understanding that, even with a thoroughly designed and maintained product, there may be an unexpected glitch that can cause things to go haywire - and even with the utmost carefulness by the programmer, consequences for the user may be undesirable. But with Bitdefender, NOTHING works: Program is buggy, uninstall fails, and the program you issued because it seems you already knew that you the regular uninstall routine is crap, is crap as well. On top of that, if this only happens on one computer, it may be because of unforeseen settings/circumstances on that machine - if it happens on two computers with very different settings, specs and OS flavors, its just very clearly the result of kamikazee programming.

So at least I can save the time to give more information, you guys couldn't deal with it anyway. Go jump off a cliff, the world will be a better place for it.

Sometimes people make problems and fixing them a great deal more worse and difficult than they are. No doubt there was a short lived problem with BD AV Free. However, all it took to resolve it was to uninstall it in Safe Mode and then re-install it with no negative affects on the system. A hassle for sure but no where near as complicated and as bad as you make out. Sorry you didn't read the thread on the problem before going to so much what appears to have been unnecessary time and effort. You can learn a lot from reading the BD forum including how to resolve BD issues.

• Sometimes people make problems and fixing them a great deal more worse and difficult than they are. No doubt there was a short lived problem with BD AV Free. However, all it took to resolve it was to uninstall it in Safe Mode and then re-install it with no negative affects on the system. A hassle for sure but no where near as complicated and as bad as you make out. Sorry you didn't read the thread on the problem before going to so much what appears to have been unnecessary time and effort. You can learn a lot from reading the BD forum including how to resolve BD issues.

With all respect (to you, not to the makers of this "program" for whom I have zero respect) but this is nuts: I cannot, by any means, search the internet any time I want to uninstall software from my machine, in order to research if hitting "uninstall" will wreck my system. And I don't have a crystal ball to tell me whether I not I'm supposed to do a headstand while uninstalling, or enable Safe Mode, or whatever else.

The true craziness is that it seems to be the registration process that sends Bitdefender downhill. In other words - they have the email address of every single (!) user that is bound to run into issues when uninstalling this piece of crap. But do they warn people?! Of course not. That approach alone is so arrogant and unresponsible, it makes me want to vomit.

Since my system still has issues, do you happen to know if re-installing Bitdefender and then uninstalling it in Safe Mode will fix anything?

• Nesivos
    Options
    With all respect (to you, not to the makers of this "program" for whom I have zero respect) but this is nuts: I cannot, by any means, search the internet any time I want to uninstall software from my machine, in order to research if hitting "uninstall" will wreck my system. And I don't have a crystal ball to tell me whether I not I'm supposed to do a headstand while uninstalling, or enable Safe Mode, or whatever else.

The true craziness is that it seems to be the registration process that sends Bitdefender downhill. In other words - they have the email address of every single (!) user that is bound to run into issues when uninstalling this piece of crap. But do they warn people?! Of course not. That approach alone is so arrogant and unresponsible, it makes me want to vomit.

Since my system still has issues, do you happen to know if re-installing Bitdefender and then uninstalling it in Safe Mode will fix anything?

It is true that sometimes registration systems can be confusing and frustrating. Some you can go through quickly without an issue. Others can be more complicated and frustrating.

• It is true that sometimes registration systems can be confusing and frustrating. Some you can go through quickly without an issue. Others can be more complicated and frustrating.

You say that the problem of uninstall problems was short lived. I have had Bitdefender for one or two years and updated regularly. My current version is 1.0.20.183. Do you know if this version has an uninstall problem? Thanks.

• Nesivos
    Options
    You say that the problem of uninstall problems was short lived. I have had Bitdefender for one or two years and updated regularly. My current version is 1.0.20.183. Do you know if this version has an uninstall problem? Thanks.

Don't know

• Don't know

Looks like I will use the uninstall provided on the forum when I do uninstall. No plans to do so yet. But I will make a restore point before I uninstall.