[escalated to Development team] 10 Sec Delay "black Screen With Cursor" Before Welcome Screen?

2»

Comments

• I have this issue as well on my Desktop running Windows 7 x64...do i have to send logs or anything? I would assume by Georgia's post I will just have to wait for an update to fix this issue.

Thanks.

• Hello everyone,

We managed to reproduce the issue internally and right now we are waiting for the development team to integrate a possible fix.

I will let you know how is everything going.

After 3 years we deserve this, congratulation :D

• I have this issue as well on my Desktop running Windows 7 x64...do i have to send logs or anything? I would assume by Georgia's post I will just have to wait for an update to fix this issue.

Thanks.

you don't have to anything.

• So when will fix be out?

• So when will fix be out?

It was inform to me that they will notify(email) me when the fix is out

• It was inform to me that they will notify(email) me when the fix is out

Thanks.

• Hello,

We don't have an ETA yet.

Indeed, the black screen at Windows boot has been reproduced on our test systems. However, it may take some time to

implement the fix for it. Our developers are still working on it.

Until then, please tell me if the boot time is reduced by disabling all the Bitdefender modules and which one improves visibly the start-up time. You have all the steps here

Thank you.

• Hello,

We don't have an ETA yet.

Indeed, the black screen at Windows boot has been reproduced on our test systems. However, it may take some time to

implement the fix for it. Our developers are still working on it.

Until then, please tell me if the boot time is reduced by disabling all the Bitdefender modules and which one improves visibly the start-up time. You have all the steps here

Thank you.

Pushkar Gogte has already tried and it didn't work.

• Hello,

Please let me know if everything works properly now, after implementing the new build number 17.18.0.808

right click on Bitdefender icon from system tray-near the clock-and choose "About". You should see in the left side the build number).

In order for the product update to be installed, you need to reboot your machine(you should see in the Events -> "Reboot required" under the Update module).

This information is critical for our development team. Looking forward to your replies here!

• Hello,

Please let me know if everything works properly now, after implementing the new build number 17.18.0.808

right click on Bitdefender icon from system tray-near the clock-and choose "About". You should see in the left side the build number).

In order for the product update to be installed, you need to reboot your machine(you should see in the Events -> "Reboot required" under the Update module).

This information is critical for our development team. Looking forward to your replies here!

the answer from me is no though the time of delay has been reduced from 10 sec to 8 sec. :rolleyes:

• Thank you for your prompt response, Pushkar Gogte.

Please reply to my email sent via ticket ID 201307111012553 . We need your direct cooperation at this point.

Thanks so much for all your help and constant feedback on the forums!

= If anyone else still has a black screen for a few seconds at boot, please post here here. Thank you. =

• Hello,

I tried few days ago and everything was the same. I removed BD for now.

• Build 17.19.0.831. Everything is the same on my PC.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    edited October 2013

@ ibracadabra09

Thank you for your feedback. I kindly ask you check your inbox and to reply to my message sent via email ticket ID 201307111012471.

@ Pushkar Gogte

Is everything OK now? I didn't receive the second part of the information requested from you for today, 4:00pm IST (Ticket ID: 201307111012553).

• @ ibracadabra09

Thank you for your feedback. I kindly ask you check your inbox and to reply to my message sent via email ticket ID 201307111012471.

@ Pushkar Gogte

Is everything OK now? I didn't receive the second part of the information requested from you for today, 4:00pm IST (Ticket ID: 201307111012553).

i didn't received your confirmation for 4:00pm ist after my reply.

That why i was not available yesterday.

Next time please give me confirmation mail.

I'm ready to conduct test today.

• I have bad news for BD. Today I installed new "clean" Windows 7 x64 on my home PC and decided not to risk with BD for now. My PC is fast again. But anyway thanks for help. With BD "final" version feeling is like you are using BETA version not final, and trust me this is very bad feeling.

Sorry for my English :)

• I had this problem with Bitdefender antivirus plus. The problem had something to do with Comodo Firewall. I had to allow certain Bitdefender files so it would not show a black screen. i found this out when I left the firewall disabled and the black screen didn't happen.

• Same issue here.

In startup i get a black screen with a mouse cursor for 10 seconds before Windows 7 X64 Ultimate startup

Bitdefender Total Security 2014 17.25.0.1074