Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Is Adware!

Options

Hello,

Cut the ads Bitdefenter. I am using the paid product. STOP sending me renewal ads through Bitdefender. I have over 260 days remaining!

I dont want a panel that covers a huge part of my screen. I HAVE PAID FOR THE SOFTWARE! IT IS NOT A TRIAL!. I DID NOT consent to have marketing sent to me through the software during installation.

If you want to serve me ads, put some money in my bank account.

Thanks,

Lee.

Comments

• Lee_S
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Hello,

Cut the ads Bitdefenter. I am using the paid product. STOP sending me renewal ads through Bitdefender. I have over 260 days remaining!

I dont want a panel that covers a huge part of my screen. I HAVE PAID FOR THE SOFTWARE! IT IS NOT A TRIAL!. I DID NOT consent to have marketing sent to me through the software during installation.

If you want to serve me ads, put some money in my bank account.

Thanks,

Lee.

I've attached the ad that displays on my desktop. It is totally unnecessary with around 260 days remaining. Just send me an e-mail.

post-103073-1379748608_thumb.png

• It's unacceptable. I don't pay that kind of money to get myself popups few time a day nagging me to extend my license when I hace over 250 days left. I was quite pleased with BD performance, but something like this is a deal braker for me. If I wanted ads I just could install free software. Its just so stupid from BD side, it hurts. You should respect your customers.

It seems it's time to get back to kaspersky.

• It's unacceptable. I don't pay that kind of money to get myself popups few time a day nagging me to extend my license when I hace over 250 days left. I was quite pleased with BD performance, but something like this is a deal braker for me. If I wanted ads I just could install free software. Its just so stupid from BD side, it hurts. You should respect your customers.

It seems it's time to get back to kaspersky.

Yeah. And it's not like it's a small ad. It's a quarter of the screen! That's worse than freeware! That's the kind of behaviour I expect from Google. I avoid them as much as I can. Youtube becoming a part of Google was the worst day in video sharing history. The start of quarter-screen ads was the worst day in Bitdefender's history.

You may be right about going back to Kaspersky.

• pjw
    Options

This has been a problem for a while, over a year at least, with vague promises to fix it.

See here.

Like I said in that topic, pop-up ads in a free product or trial version are to be expected, but this is a product for which I have paid money, and which is explicitly designed to STOP this sort of intrusive behavior, not enable it.

This is ridiculous.

• It's not an adware, but you can just basically disable them. smile2.png

HOW ?

• grayghost2
    edited May 2014
    Options

10 days later

< crickets >

<chirp .... cheep ... cheep ... chirp >

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello, there is already another topic about this request:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=43714

For now, the only way to stop the IPM's is to enter Game Mode, as all pop-ups and notifications are disabled when Bitdefender is running in Game Mode.

This discussion has been closed.