Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

I Looked At Faq And It Said Repair B.d.

Options

:wacko:

Yes i went and pressed repair and it uninstalled BD then got stuck installing it again.

so i downloaded BD uninstaller and uninstall it. Now i try install again and won't do it.

I did just pay for new licence but i think im going to uninstall and install Avast which i used to use which is free and alot better and easier to use.

I don't get it why need download an uninstaller to uninstall something. And won't let you install it again.

Comments

• hello, the BD uninstaller should be run in windows safe mode. then it should install properly again once you restart the computer.

• hello, the BD uninstaller should be run in windows safe mode. then it should install properly again once you restart the computer.

I guess that explains why when I uninstalled Bitdefender it left 256 MB of files and kept trying to create a startup task. I downloaded and ran the uninstall tool and if that's not enough then I'll attempt to uninstall in Safe Mode.

Would it be asking too much to either make the uninstaller work like it's described in the User Guide or update the User Guide with the proper instructions. Sheesh. I really question the technical expertise of this outfit.

• The problem is actually caused by the operating system locking files that need to be deleted. It isn't just limited to BD uninstaller either. I have come across the same with other security suite uninstallers and removal tools being run outside windows safe mode. They don't mention running in safe mode either.

Possibly all vendors concerned should recommend usage in safe mode of removal tools. This would avoid users like yourself getting disgruntled when it doesn't work properly the first time they run it.

This discussion has been closed.