Windows 8 Stuck At Reboot After Bitdefender Install

Hi,

I have installed Bitdefender TS on a Laptop and after successful installation I rebooted and the Laptop gets stuck on the Windows 8 boot screen (i.e. the circle of dots). The login screen never appears. Windows recovery then kicks in and goes back to a restore point (that I made before installing Bitdefender) and all is good.

The Laptop is a Samsung NP350V5C-A0PUK and it has Windows 8 64 bit on it.

I have Bitdefender TS running on 3 other PC's in my house without any issues.

How do I install Bitdefender on this laptop without the boot issue?

Comments

• Do you have another security software running during the install? You might want to install this via safe mode though. smile2.png

Thanks for the reply. The only security programs installed were Windows Firewall and Windows Defender.

• Thanks for the reply. The only security programs installed were Windows Firewall and Windows Defender.

Are they running - I would have thought that both of these should be off as they are included in TS.

Interestingly enough I am having problems with IS and a windows 8 laptop. I recently did a windows update and now I can't install IS without it stopping booting at the same screen you have. I have a support ticket ID:201309291000284 so it may well be worth filling out a support ticket and mentioning mine. I'll keep you updated here with any progress

• Are they running - I would have thought that both of these should be off as they are included in TS.

Interestingly enough I am having problems with IS and a windows 8 laptop. I recently did a windows update and now I can't install IS without it stopping booting at the same screen you have. I have a support ticket ID:201309291000284 so it may well be worth filling out a support ticket and mentioning mine. I'll keep you updated here with any progress

They were off after install of TS>

Thanks for replying and let me know how you get on.

• Well I have a solution to my issue. My issue boiled down to having Glary Utilities 3 installed which was causing a conflict.

Support were pretty spot on that it was one of my other security or backup solutions causing an issue and went through asking me to try uninstalling each piece and then installing bitdefender and seeing if the problem was still there. This was a major pain so what I did was uninstall everything - SuperAntiSpyware, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, CCleaner, Macrium Reflect, and Glary Utilities. The I created a restore point after I installed bitfdefender. After that I started re-installing my software and it was Glary Utilities that was the only one causing an issue.

Not sure i that helps you but hopefully it might.

• You should perform this action on your PC

1.Access the Command Prompt option from the advance recovery tools

2.Rename 3 Bitdefender files

3.Restart in Normal Mode and uninstall Bitdefender

4.Reinstall Bitdefender using the latest kit available on our website

****************************************************************************

http://www.lendersallies.com/index.aspx

• @ lionrampant

Thank you for sharing your results which may help other users.

@ thegilpins

Did you manage to address this issue? Does it persist with the latest build version 17.22.0.967?

Please right click on the Bitdefender icon located in system tray and from the menu select "Update Now". Reboot the PC if requested, then check if the issue still occurs.

• @ thegilpins

Did you manage to address this issue? Does it persist with the latest build version 17.22.0.967?

Please right click on the Bitdefender icon located in system tray and from the menu select "Update Now". Reboot the PC if requested, then check if the issue still occurs.

Hi, I tried again a week ago and the same issue occurred. Installs without issue and on reboot never reaches the Windows 8 logon screen.

How do I find an answer to this?

Thanks

• Hello,

If you still encounter this issue, post here a support tool log to see what is wrong:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

If the file is too big to attach, upload it on

http://www.sendspace.com or http://www.speedyshare.com

and post the download link.

If you were already asked to generate these logs, disregard the above message and just post the ticket ID.

Thank you.