Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Services Are Not Running...

Options

For the past 48 hours or so, I consistently get this error:

btav.png

I reboot, and I still get that error. I have tried switching DNS services (My ISP's vs Google DNS) with no luck.

I am using this version:

btavv.png

My operating system is Windows 8.1 Professional, and I have no other security software installed.

Any idea why this is happening, or it is simply because BitDefender isn't Windows 8.1 compatible as of yet?

Comments

• No reply in 24 hours? Wow..

• Any idea why this is happening, or it is simply because BitDefender isn't Windows 8.1 compatible as of yet?

yes probably compatibility issues, not tried 8.1 myself yet so can't elaborate further on probable causes. lots of threads don't get responses within 24 hours on here.

• Georgia
    Options

Hello Webkikr,

Two days ago a Bitdefender product update was recently released, which should fix the issue you report here ("Bitdefender Services are not responding"). Please make sure that the Bitdefender product updates daily, and in order to do this please right click on the Bitdefender icon from the system tray (near Windows clock) and choose 'Update now'.

Restart the computer and check if the issue is solved.

Looking forward to your feedback!

• Hello Webkikr,

Two days ago a Bitdefender product update was recently released, which should fix the issue you report here ("Bitdefender Services are not responding"). Please make sure that the Bitdefender product updates daily, and in order to do this please right click on the Bitdefender icon from the system tray (near Windows clock) and choose 'Update now'.

I've re-installed the product and tried to manually update it. I still get the error about services not working when I click on the widget or the app window. I reboot, and all it well again until I click on the program.

This is getting very frustrating.

• busterbuddy
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Hello Webkikr,

That's interesting. I experienced the same issue the past day or so after an update either yesterday or the day before. I am using Windowsa 8 and have had to uninstall The New Bitdefender :-( For me, every time it did that Windows would not restart and had to use my Windows Disk to uninstall it it safe mode or refresh windows and reinstall a bunch of stuff. I am now afraid to use it.

I am now using another AV products that has only crashed my PC twice.

You know I think we are losing the malware war because all of the majors now have had to make their programs so complex to try to out do each other that serious bugs are unavoidable.

• addendum: I never updated my BD using the Icon. When the product I am using now stops working Ill try BD again :-)

• That's interesting. I experienced the same issue the past day or so after an update either yesterday or the day before. I am using Windowsa 8 and have had to uninstall The New Bitdefender :-( For me, every time it did that Windows would not restart and had to use my Windows Disk to uninstall it it safe mode or refresh windows and reinstall a bunch of stuff. I am now afraid to use it.

I am now using another AV products that has only crashed my PC twice.

You know I think we are losing the malware war because all of the majors now have had to make their programs so complex to try to out do each other that serious bugs are unavoidable.

I've had to remove it as well, as I suddenly started having your issue. Every time the program would toss up an error, rebooting Windows would fail and I would have to remove it via safe mode or a system restore point.

This is sad as I am a reseller of BitDefender and have most of my clients on the 2013 version (mostly Windows 7 computers), but most want to upgrade to Windows 8. I will have to find another solution for them, and myself.

Peter Skinner

Edmonton Tek

• busterbuddy
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I've had to remove it as well, as I suddenly started having your issue. Every time the program would toss up an error, rebooting Windows would fail and I would have to remove it via safe mode or a system restore point.

This is sad as I am a reseller of BitDefender and have most of my clients on the 2013 version (mostly Windows 7 computers), but most want to upgrade to Windows 8. I will have to find another solution for them, and myself.

Peter Skinner

Edmonton Tek

Rant Warning!!

Well I can tell you that BD Windows 8 Security is not the answer. I have tried it twice and it has stopped working on the very first boot after being installed and updated. Its worse on Windows 8 that the New BD.

And don't look to Kaspersky either. At least until the new patch b, It also stops working and takes 5 minutes after boot for the GUI to be useable.

Uninstallng NIS 2014, whose detection rate sux and which can be totally disabled by malware, with the Norton removal tool crashed my PC totallly.

Its the newness and complexity of these new products and fitting them into Windows 8 that is the problem.

I suspect its more something peculiar about Windows 8 that is the main culprit.

I switched to Windows 8 because I had no choice. My Windows 7 PC ran flawlessly for years but something crashed it on a Sunday night and my old restore disks failed. I use my pc for both work and pleasure and can't be without it for a day and the only store selling software that was open on late Sunday night was a Target and the only Windows OS they had was Windows 8 so I had no choice.

I had to reinstall Windows 7 once in 3 years and was running all the time without system restore. I have had Windows 8 a month and have had to reinstall"refresh" Windows 8 at least 5 times. This last time with my BD disaster I had to do a full reformat.

Right now I am back using KIS but I know its just a matter of days before it fails. I just spent 12 hours reinstalling windows and a bunch of programs and I am in no mood today to try the New BD with the new fix that has to be installed via the icon. It was an update installed through the regular update peocess that caused my BD to repeatedly stop working and crash my PC.

BD why don't you include all the latest updates in the program you download after starting the install????

I did buy a BD license and so badly wanted to use it because of its high detection and lightness but today I am down on the company's quality control since it was clearly immediately after an update that my latest problems, which I never before had, started. I gave it two tries after that and that was more than enough.

Do they play baseball in Romania ? It's 3 strikes and you are out in the USA

• Hi,

I'm not sure the problem is related to a particular version of Windows or BD - I'm having the same issue (BD greyed out , services not responding, making my PC unacceptably slow and unresponsive and requiring a reboot with fingers crossed), with Win XP and BD IS 2013.

It started with an update, so it should be solved with one, no?