Bitdefender Premium Services Pop-up

I've just sent an email to Customer Service regarding this intrusive, extremely irritating and unwanted "offer". There is no apparent way to stop it or "opt out" of it..... This product is suppose to defend me against intrusive actions, not add to them!

Anyone else experiencing this and know how to turn it of??

post-155579-1377988225_thumb.jpg

Comments

• Hi irritated, and welcome,

I'm just a member here so hopefully I won't get stoned by those still having this issue ^_^ in saying this, if this is a new install, chances are you will get a pop up "informing you" as a new user of a BD product/service. If you've been running BD for awhile and getting this pop up, it's supposedly going to be resolved: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=186198

You can try this solution from the same thread, and ask to be put on the "do not call list", unless that is what you asked them to do when you emailed customer service: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry180290

I was hoping they had started to make a change concerning this issue: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=196092

Kind regards,

Scott

• @ irritated

Welcome to the Bitdefender forums and thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding the IPM's.

Please post back your ticket ID so we can disable these notifications for you.

Looking forward to your reply!

• @ irritated

Welcome to the Bitdefender forums and thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding the IPM's.

Please post back your ticket ID so we can disable these notifications for you.

Looking forward to your reply!

Georgia,

I know you can't fix this problem, except on a per-user basis, but perhaps you can pass along some of the customer reactions. I am gravely concerned that this feature is going to be the end of your company (and I will be honest, if this program continues I'm not buying it any more, and neither should anyone else. )

I just updated from 2012 to 2014, based on forum posts that this would be solved in the 2013 product.

One of the things very prominently displayed during install was how great the new auto-pilot is. "No popups" was on the list of advantages.

I had the product installed less than 15 minutes (with autopilot on) when the first IPM pop up occurred. Really?

Doesn't BD recognize that the IPM program is clearly contrary to the promises you've made your customers? You promise no popups, but that doesn't seem to apply if you want to sell us something more...

Doesn't BD recognize that the IPM program is making your product just a "better behaved" version of the same advertising malware that your customers are buying your product to eliminate from their systems? Doesn't the company understand how morally bankrupt this is? That your corporate morality is now rivaling Alan Ralsky and rustock botnet herders?

Why do we have to open support tickets, or PM people like you to disable this? Why isn't it at the very least quickly accessible checkbox on my.bitdefender.com and/or the local settings dialog?

Do yourselves (corporately speaking) a favor, start recognizing your product as containing malware, and issue signatures to disinfect it.

I'm a "tech nerd" and I've been an advocate of Bitdefender for several years now, promoting your product to friends and family. I can't do that anymore, because it contains malware that is difficult to disable, and that is sad. The IPM program may be yielding a few upgrades, but it's also angering users and destroying your reputation.

• jdimirack
    edited September 2013

Can I too please get this annoying Bitdefender add stopped from popping up on my desktop? I still have 200+ days left on my subscription and there is no reason to spam a paying customer like this.

• I also got some pop up advertise to upgrade/renew the product. It is annoying for people who already own the software with many days remaining. Please do something. Thanks in advanced.

• Can Anyone tell me how to disable pop-ups or rather i would switch to kaspersky.........!!!!

• antikythera
    edited September 2013

The unfortunate simple answer is you can't disable it. BD Support are supposed to be able to turn it off somehow their end. Nothing has been done though in response to my requests either using the support tool or forum pm.

2 popups in 4 days for me on the same computer is totally uncalled for. If it wasn't for the wider picture about the program features I do like compared to ones I don't I would also be switching despite still having 237 days left.

My father is already annoyed with it too. So now I have to put up with him on my back because I suggested he installed BD on his machine. Way I see it is I'll end up taking it off his machine and install the other product which expired and pay the renewal subscription for him for a quiet life.

• antikythera, I had a similar experience.. no response to support requests, no useful response to this thread.

I ended up concluding that Bitdefender has gone at least partially rogue. That left me concerned they might go completely rogue and start abusing my computer in more serious ways. Despite having >100 days left, I uninstalled their product, manually cleaned up some residue, installed a proper antivirus, and scanned my system.

As a bonus, my system is considerably less sluggish when coming out of suspend now...

• Well I've had an informed answer and given constructive feedback as appropriate. For myself that will be the end of it too now.

• My my, everyone is so grumpy about something that really is pretty minor. I just want an antivirus! I don't need wallets, and firewalls and whatever other gimmick they come up with. I like standalone's! If it isn't antivirus I turn it off. Popups are annoying but it takes what, 3 seconds to turn it off or one 10 minute phone call? For me: Ever since I tried to update early in 2009 and the new update removed the 88 days I had left, I will NEVER buy in advance ever again. Sure they fixed it after a week and two phone calls but that's a game I'm unwilling to play. Screw me once shame on you screw me twice....well...you get the point.

The other thing to remember is; making idol threats doesn't work. Just change programs and move on. That is what will make corporate start looking for solutions. But if your threats are empty, they won't respect you and will continue to ignore you. Just move on for a year and watch the forum from afar.

I deal with the little annoyances right now because BD is pretty good at it's core. You people that like "Auto Pilot" and all that "Please think for me O master AV Company" crapolla get none of my sympathy. You made my simple AV turn into one big marketing nightmare. "Be all for all" made McAfee crap and turned Norton into the black-head zit it is today. BD seems to be following their lead, gawd knows why. I no longer suggest BD antivirus to anyone and won't ever again until I see they aren't the next Symantec.

Either way, I'll stick around for a bit longer and see what happens. Right now I would LOVE to see a stripped down version that only does antivirus. Light, simple and easy to understand but with the muscle where it counts!

Hey BD, You want to do something epic that isn't anti virus? Make a Lavabit style e-mail system! Make the NSA cry! That'll put you on the map! lol OR Start listening to customers, take surveys. Be different! There is nothing more powerful than a really happy customer base that knows they are heard!

------------------------------------

shpshftr <out>

“Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell.”

• Popups are annoying but it takes what, 3 seconds to turn it off or one 10 minute phone call?

That would be nice.

Except they can't be turned off, even admittedly by Bitdefender themselves (I have that in writing).

• That would be nice.

Except they can't be turned off, even admittedly by Bitdefender themselves (I have that in writing).

Sure you can, you click the X each time. That closes it in less than 3 seconds! lol But I get what you mean, it should be removed. So it's a trade-off. So, keep posting complaints and maybe they will listen is my only suggestion beyond finding a new AV. I guess we here in the forum are in the minority compared to the people that click 'yes' to things that annoy them.

I have also noticed a distinct lack of presence of forum tech support lately. That's what happened when Norton and McAfee started their trek down the road of popularity. I think it might be time to give another AV company a chance!

shpshftr <out>

“Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell.”

• My account was added to the no popup list but now they seem to be back, managed to grab a screenshot of the premium services popup as it was fading away.

Georgia I would like these popups removed again from my account, just let me know what info you need from me.

post-144019-1384690108_thumb.jpg