Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Is Bitdender 8 Compatible With Thunderbird?

Options

Title says it all really.

Comments

• Title says it all really.

I am using BDIS v10 with thunderbird without any problems :rolleyes:

• Compatible meaning what?

If you are using 8 free the mails aren't scanned anyway because we don't have an active shield for any of the free version.

• Hi,

I am trying BD Total Security 2008 as a replacement for Norton 360. I have noticed a significant slowdown with Thunderbird, latest version, running under XP SP2. When I get the mail, I can notice a slowdown in receiving it and opening the email. I also see a slowdown in deleting the emails. This was not present when I was using Norton. I am scanning only incoming emails as I was with Norton. Thunderbird behaved fine with Norton, but not so with BD. I also notice that the program seems to stop and refresh the window by first going blank and then appearing again. This behavior was also not present with Norton.

I am not sure if others notice it or if it is peculiar to my setup. I really like BD much better than Norton, but am hesitating with the purchase as I want to make sure the Thunderbird problems do not persist.

• Hello

This is my first post here. I also use Thunderbird and do not experience the slow-down of which you speak. I'm not sure why your e-mail program is slowing down but I wanted you to know that this is not universal. Do you have any extensions or special themes you are using with T-bird that may affect things?

• Hi,

I am trying BD Total Security 2008 as a replacement for Norton 360. I have noticed a significant slowdown with Thunderbird, latest version, running under XP SP2. When I get the mail, I can notice a slowdown in receiving it and opening the email. I also see a slowdown in deleting the emails. This was not present when I was using Norton. I am scanning only incoming emails as I was with Norton. Thunderbird behaved fine with Norton, but not so with BD. I also notice that the program seems to stop and refresh the window by first going blank and then appearing again. This behavior was also not present with Norton.

I am not sure if others notice it or if it is peculiar to my setup. I really like BD much better than Norton, but am hesitating with the purchase as I want to make sure the Thunderbird problems do not persist.

Hi,

Just to reinforce your post, I am having the same problems. Also XPSP2, latest version of Thunderbird.

Irritating to me is that they didn't start until after I paid for the program! BItdefender is not usable for me with this problem.

Jon

• Gasport
    edited May 2008
    Options

Jon,

Here is the answer I received and it worked for me.

Thank you for your interest in our BitDefender security solution.

Please go to the Antivirus->Exception list in BitDefender and add the

following path:

C:\Documents and Settings\rmoumene\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\

Make sure you select to exclude it from the on-access scan.

Gas

Hi,

Just to reinforce your post, I am having the same problems. Also XPSP2, latest version of Thunderbird.

Irritating to me is that they didn't start until after I paid for the program! BItdefender is not usable for me with this problem.

Jon

• BAGS
    Options
    Jon,

Here is the answer I received and it worked for me.

Thank you for your interest in our BitDefender security solution.

Please go to the Antivirus->Exception list in BitDefender and add the

following path:

C:\Documents and Settings\rmoumene\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\

Make sure you select to exclude it from the on-access scan.

Gas

I just upgraded to BD 2009 AV and am now experiencing the same problems mentioned above with TB. I will try the recommendations and see if anything improves.

• hi use tbird +bd total security 2009 bd initally had problems with virus scanner now resolved after a large update no slowdowns tho

frosti