Installing Bitdefender X64 On Windows 8.1 Crashes My Computer During Install.

Hi all,

I've just purchased Bitdefender Total Security 1 year license.

But when trying to install the program the computer just freezes and I have to reboot the computer by hardresetting it.

It freezes when the initial "Downloading / Scan / Installing" screen is showing.

It's a brand new install of Windows 8.1 and it's not a cracked version.

I have downloaded the x64 version that I saw you mention in another thread. Same result.

I have the following specs;

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.50GHz

Memory 16322 MB

Graphics: nVidia GeForce GTX 780 (1920x1080x32bit 75Hz)

Please assist since I want to use my newly bought product which was supposed to be the best product out there today.

Comments

• Hi all,

But when trying to install the program the computer just freezes and I have to reboot the computer by hardresetting it.

It freezes when the initial "Downloading / Scan / Installing" screen is showing.

I have downloaded the x64 version that I saw you mention in another thread. Same result.

Memory 16322 MB

Please assist since I want to use my newly bought product which was supposed to be the best product out there today.

• Okay? :-)

Do you have the same issue or?

• Okay? :-)

Do you have the same issue or?

Same issue. Bitdefender worked fine on w7 ultimate and i cannot reinstall it after w8 pro update.

• Hi all,

Memory 16322 MB

I have four computers running Windows

One W7 on an AMD computer

One W8 on an AMD computer

One W8 on an Intel computer

One W8.1 on an Intel computer updated from W8 today

No noticed problems so far with BD W8 Security working after the install of W8.1. BD W8 Security did require one reboot. I think I have rebooted this computer about 15 times since I began the install of W8.1. No problem rebooting and no related error messages. I did have one program that is compatible with W8 but currently incompatible with W8.1 because of a driver issue. It is not a BD program.