Bitdefender Internet Security Problem In Windows 8.1

Ok, I just upgraded my Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 yesterday. Since the previous version of my Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 is not compatible with Windows 8.1 and I get the offer to free upgrade my Bitdefender to compatible with Windows 8.1.

Now a big problem come.

I found that I can't access my internet after I installed my Bitdefender, and this problem was solve after I turn off my Firewall.

Can anyone help me on this? Thanks. ^_^

Comments

• Hello and welcome,

As I already mentioned in this post http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=192419 , The New Bitdefender is not fully compatible with Windows 8.1.

For now, the new Bitdefender is compatible only with the following operating systems:

. Windows XP with Service Pack 3 (32-bit)

. Windows Vista with Service Pack 2

. Windows 7 with Service Pack 1

. Windows 8

You could try to set up your Firewall this way and check if the internet connection works fine afterwards:

- open Bitdefender, go to Firewall panel and make sure it is turned ON

- click on "Manage adapters" and locate the adapter. It is either Local Area Connection if the device is connected by cable or Wireless Area connection if it is a wireless device

- for this particular adapter please set :

* Network type to Home/Office

* Stealth mode to Off

* Generic to YES and click Close.

Looking forward to your feedback. :)

• Hello and welcome,

As I already mentioned in this post http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=192419 , The New Bitdefender is not fully compatible with Windows 8.1.

For now, the new Bitdefender is compatible only with the following operating systems:

. Windows XP with Service Pack 3 (32-bit)

. Windows Vista with Service Pack 2

. Windows 7 with Service Pack 1

. Windows 8

You could try to set up your Firewall this way and check if the internet connection works fine afterwards:

- open Bitdefender, go to Firewall panel and make sure it is turned ON

- click on "Manage adapters" and locate the adapter. It is either Local Area Connection if the device is connected by cable or Wireless Area connection if it is a wireless device

- for this particular adapter please set :

* Network type to Home/Office

* Stealth mode to Off

* Generic to YES and click Close.

Looking forward to your feedback. :)

I found that 1 of the function in Bitsdefender Internet Security 2013, which is Anti-phising was lost after I changed to version which is compatible with Windows 8.1 Preview. It is a common problem? Thanks. :)

• There is also a related post in the 2013 thread.

Not compatible - that explains it. For those struggling my experience might help. After the upgrade BD firewalled off the internet allowing a single connection per boot. Turning off BD firewall solved that. Then BD thought it was running in user not admin mode, so none of the important controls were visible since they were admin only.

I did a repair install. It resolved the firewall problem and BD understood it was in admin mode showing all the controls. However Active Virus Control would not turn on. What BD is or is not doing behind the scenes now is left to the imagination.

This should be very embarrassing to you, BD.

• Has compatibility with Windows 8.1 not been resolved yet?