How To See Anything That's Blocked?

I'm trying to play a game and I can't login unless I disable the BD Firewall. Earlier, when I first added the game folder and process to the exclusions list I was able to play now later I goto play it again and it won't let me login unless I disable the BD firewall again.

Where in BD does it show anything that's being blocked?

Comments

• Hello,

Bitdefender keeps a detailed log of events concerning its activity on your computer (also including applications blocked by the Firewall module).

Please click the Events button in the upper right corner of the Bitdefender program. A list of events should be available for each category. To find out information about a particular event in the list, click it. Event details are displayed in the lower part of

the window and options may be provided to take further action if needed.

I would also recommend following the steps from this knowledge-base article to add exception for your software in the Bitdefender product (scroll down to the part concerning Firewall exceptions):

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/How-to-...tions-1163.html

Please feel free to reply if you need further assistance.

• Hello,

Bitdefender keeps a detailed log of events concerning its activity on your computer (also including applications blocked by the Firewall module).

Please click the Events button in the upper right corner of the Bitdefender program. A list of events should be available for each category. To find out information about a particular event in the list, click it. Event details are displayed in the lower part of

the window and options may be provided to take further action if needed.

I would also recommend following the steps from this knowledge-base article to add exception for your software in the Bitdefender product (scroll down to the part concerning Firewall exceptions):

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/How-to-...tions-1163.html

Please feel free to reply if you need further assistance.

Nothing in the Antivirus or Firewwall events shows anything blocked. Why? I will contact the game company and try to create a zone range for thier gateway IPs if I can.

I've never had to do this for any game before. Does it matter that this is a game in development?

• The game BD is blocking me from logging in with is called Path of Exile via Steam. It's in open Beta btw and so is free to play.

• As I mentioned before, the BD events doesn't show anything blocked when I launch/login to the game. When I disable the Firewall, the game launches fine and I can login. The firewall is obviously blocking the communications with the game servers.

Why isn't what's being blocked showing in the Events for the AV or Firewall?

• As I mentioned before, the BD events doesn't show anything blocked when I launch/login to the game. When I disable the Firewall, the game launches fine and I can login. The firewall is obviously blocking the communications with the game servers.

Why isn't what's being blocked showing in the Events for the AV or Firewall?

I was using an app today and BD terminated it or more precisely terminated a process the app tried to generate. That affectively closed the app. I went to Events---->Antivirus--->Vulnerbilities and there was an explanation of why the process was blocked by BD as well as the file and folder path of the file that created the process. BD asked me if I wanted to allow the process and have it monitor. Not sure what more monitoring if anything BD could do regarding the progam other than what it normally does. Anyway I said no and then proceeded to uninstall the app.

In this case the compuer was W8 with BD W8 Security.