Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Win 7 - Unable To Restore The System

Options

Short story:

After a power outage this Windows Seven system does not shut off completely.

I tried to do a system restore by selecting a previous restore point. This had happened before and I never had any problem to restore Windows when I was running another anti virus.

To my surprise, with Bitdefender Free it was not possible. The restoration seemed successful but after restarting Windows and login, there came that message, briefly:

"Unable to restore the system because it could not write to file. Disable your anti virus and try again."

Well, I was forced to restore a system image, backup that was done a few days before that power outage. It's running fine right now and I can shut off the system again.

Unfortunately that's why I had to uninstall Bitdefender and get back to my old free and trusted anti virus.

You need to fix it as soon as possible.

By the way: Who would buy the full version with this problem?

Comments

• Short story:

After a power outage this Windows Seven system does not shut off completely.

I tried to do a system restore by selecting a previous restore point. This had happened before and I never had any problem to restore Windows when I was running another anti virus.

To my surprise, with Bitdefender Free it was not possible. The restoration seemed successful but after restarting Windows and login, there came that message, briefly:

"Unable to restore the system because it could not write to file. Disable your anti virus and try again."

Well, I was forced to restore a system image, backup that was done a few days before that power outage. It's running fine right now and I can shut off the system again.

Unfortunately that's why I had to uninstall Bitdefender and get back to my old free and trusted anti virus.

You need to fix it as soon as possible.

By the way: Who would buy the full version with this problem?

I've experienced the same problem in Windows 7 today. Last week the same thing in XP,

also due to BD Free.

I think BD Free has great potential, but I don't think it's ready for prime time.

I have uninstalled it and reverted to Avast! Free

• I think BD Free has great potential, but I don't think it's ready for prime time.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows...9a-dbc7db1d0a61

• Any fix about this issue?

• A good reason for a battery UPS.