[solved] The New Bitdefender Blocks Critical Windows Updates

Herr
edited November 2013 in Antivirus

Yesteday 4 crucial windows 8.1 updates were blocked by BIS. So windows downl. new critical updates I was prompted to restart in order to install those updates. BIS blocked them. After restart I`ve got 4 antivirus alerts showing me that those files were blocked. I managed to instal them by downloading them from the Bitdefender interface from the vulnarability tab.

Today the same problem.

[b]Windows is trying to install Critical Update for Windows 8.1 (KB2887595)[/b]

Even if i try to install this update from Bitdefender interface it will not instal it.. I press install/ BIS downl the update prompts me to restart my PC but this critical update is not instaled!!!!

Comments

• I am experiencing exactly the same problem. No matter what I do I cannot install critical update KB 2887695. Bitdefender insists that the file is infected and claims that 'gen.variant.Renos38' is the infection.

Please provide assistance with this problem

• Yes, me too.

• Took the bull by the horns and installed the update after switching off on-access scanning. After installation restored the on-access scanning and carried out several scans with other respected antivirus programs. Nothing detected and everything is running ok. :-)

• Herr
    edited November 2013

Yorkie from where did you managed switching off on-access scanning?

I tried setting every thing on OFF but still did not managed to install the update.

Thank you.

• Open Main Menu and then 'Settings' (Top line next t o 'Events'.

Choose Antivirus and 'On-Access Scanning' is the top line.

Change status to 'Off' and then select length of time you wish to disble protection for.

Press 'OK' and you should now be able to install the MS Updates.

Hope this helps - don't forget to restore On-line scanning on completion!

• Hello all,

Thank you so much for your patience.

We gladly inform you that a Bitdefender update was released a few days ago, which fixes the issue you report here.

Please make sure that the Bitdefender product updates daily, and in order to do this please right click on the Bitdefender icon from the system tray (near Windows clock) and choose 'Update now'.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience that we may have created and we remain at your disposal for further information.