Bitdefender Wallet Ie11 Add-on Problem

Hello. :rolleyes:

Yesterday i have updated Internet Explorer to the latest version 11, and after that, IE not closed when i want to close (2 process still remaining active on the task manager) because of the wallet add-on.

If i disable wallet add-on, IE will close on exiting. But i don't want this because i use wallet.

A fix for this problem will be very apreciated.

Have a nice day!

Comments

• I forgot to give more details.

My operating system is Windows 7 Professional X32.

IE11 is RTM version wich appear yesterday.

• I have the same issue.

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate either IE10 or IE 11

If I enable the Wallet add-on, when I exit all Internet Explorer Windows, Internet Explorer tasks remain open in the Task Manager.

Disable Wallet add-on, system returns to normal.

Thank you.

• I have the same issue.

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate either IE10 or IE 11

If I enable the Wallet add-on, when I exit all Internet Explorer Windows, Internet Explorer tasks remain open in the Task Manager.

Disable Wallet add-on, system returns to normal.

Thank you.

I could not find the edit.

I have discovered that if I wait about 1 minute, the Internet Explorer tasks will close.

Is this intended performance? What is Wallet doing during this time?

• I could not find the edit.

I have discovered that if I wait about 1 minute, the Internet Explorer tasks will close.

Is this intended performance? What is Wallet doing during this time?

At me does not close even after waiting longer time... <_<

• At me does not close even after waiting longer time... <_<

maybe try this....1. open Internet Explorer

2. click on tools (the gear icon)

3. select internet options

4. select advanced

5. under 'browsing' remove check mark from 'Enable third party browser extensions'

6. close Internet Explorer

7. open task manager and manually close all running IE processes

8. restart your computer

this solved the problem for me. Please let me know if this worked for anyone else.

• maybe try this....1. open Internet Explorer

2. click on tools (the gear icon)

3. select internet options

4. select advanced

5. under 'browsing' remove check mark from 'Enable third party browser extensions'

6. close Internet Explorer

7. open task manager and manually close all running IE processes

8. restart your computer

this solved the problem for me. Please let me know if this worked for anyone else.

This will disable all add-ons installed on IE, which might not be what you want. You can disable add-ons individually by opening Internet Explorer, clicking the gear icon in the top right hand of the window, and going to "Manage add-ons". There you can disable the add-on until the problem is resolved with an update.

• This will disable all add-ons installed on IE, which might not be what you want. You can disable add-ons individually by opening Internet Explorer, clicking the gear icon in the top right hand of the window, and going to "Manage add-ons". There you can disable the add-on until the problem is resolved with an update.

True enough. But I found that this was the only way to ensure that all IE processes would close when browser was closed. Disabling addons in the browser itself or from the BD interface did not stop the IE processes from running after the browser was closed. At times I had well over 20 IE processes running. The wallet works well enough with FF or Chrome so people can use those browsers until the developers sort this out. If you must use IE, then this method allows it to at least close properly.

• True enough. But I found that this was the only way to ensure that all IE processes would close when browser was closed. Disabling addons in the browser itself or from the BD interface did not stop the IE processes from running after the browser was closed. At times I had well over 20 IE processes running. The wallet works well enough with FF or Chrome so people can use those browsers until the developers sort this out. If you must use IE, then this method allows it to at least close properly.

Or you could end IE11 processes from task manager after exiting. This is my method... <_<

Hoping that a fix for IE11 wallet add-on will be releasing soon.

• mitza97
    mitza97
    edited November 2013

Hello.

Problem resolved with the latest update.

Thanks Bitdefender Team! :rolleyes:

Topic can be closed.