Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Windows 8.1 Operational Problems

ComputerPerson
edited October 2013 in General

Posted originally in 2013 forum in error

New BitDefender Total Security

Some issues after upgrading Windows to 8.1 and Install/Repair Bitdefender (after on-access scanner error problem)

1. Will not go to Autopilot mode. Keeps resetting to User Mode

2. Very sluggish interface - It can take up to 10 seconds to display menu after tray icon right click

3. Slow to respond to tray double click to open - it can take up to 10 seconds for BD to appear

4. Had to do new install/repair to get all modules working, especially antivirus

5. Keeps checking for updates, shows "Total:10371.7kB on update module but doesn't seem to download anything

6. Rearranging modules takes 8-10 seconds to actually show up in the new order

All was working fine until the upgrade to 8.1

Comments

• I had the same issues after my upgrade.

Bitdefender was also causing windows explorer to hang.

I have uninstalled Bitdefender for now until these issues are fixed.

Windows 8 Pro 64bit.

• javadjafar
    edited October 2013

i have a Bitdefender Total Security 2014 64x original with license.i was update my windows 8 64x original two days ago to Windows 8.1 64x final 6.3 (9600).

Bitdefender total security 2014 antivirus and firewall not Working fine.I could not change any setting in firewall and antivirus.I could not scan anything.Bitdefender worked very slow and sometimes crashed.I was Repairing it.just Firewall setting worked better.I was full Uninstall and try to Install again.in installation after a few second my laptop freezing and I cant do anything.Just holding Power button.I was downloading the latest Bd web installer from BD website and downloading 400mg installer from bitdefender.download noting changed.i Used bitdefender uninstaller and try again but not working.always freezing my laptop.I was Downloading Bd internet security and antivirus.i do anything but not working.

I was reading Bitdefender forum and saw most problem with Windows 8.1 like me.

I payed a license.my money lost.I need BD for my laptop.I Hope to BD support win8.1 quiqly .

i Have Core i-7 with 8G memmory and Nvidia GTX 460M

plz Help. :wacko:

• I had the same issues after update win 8 to win 8.1 final.

I have repaired but nothing changed.I have Uinstalled and try to Install again but windows 8.1 freezed after a few second.now iam using F secure trial version.

Windows 8.1 pro 64x core i-7

• So is there a solution to these issues?

• thegilpins
    thegilpins ✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    So is there a solution to these issues?

After running Windows 8.1 for a couple of weeks and updating a number of drivers, I resinatlled Bitdefender TS and it works without any issues for me now. I have no idea why it did not first work after the 8.1 upgrade.

• I opened a ticket with BD support & sent logs.

That itself was a challenge - I tried online support, filled in all the stuff, and got a response online support was not available and to email details.

So I clicked the email link, typed in all the details again, sent the email, and got an automated response that they had a new system, the email address I used was no longer valid, and to use the new link.

So I clicked the new link, retyped all the info again, sent the email.

Again, I got an automated response that they had a new system, the email address I used was no longer valid, and to use the new link - huh?

Then I got another response from BD Support to download their support tool & run it.

So I did.

They replied I should uninstall Malwarebytes and do a repair install of BD TS.

They included a bad link to the Malwarebytes cleaner, but I found the file anyway, removed MWB, and did a repair of BD TS as instructed (not a removal and reinstall).

No difference, same issues, and a waste of my time and bandwidth.

So, they sent me a survey to which I replied, and they did respond with an apology - we'll see what BD support comes up with next.

• ComputerPerson
    edited November 2013

Issue resolved:

Did complete removal, and new install of BD.

Everything SEEMS to be working OK now, and Malewarebytes co-exists with no problems.

Lousy support, BD - if your instructions were correct in the first place I could have saved valuable bandwidth and weeks of frustration.

Shame on you.

• Issue resolved:

Did complete removal, and new install of BD.

Everything SEEMS to be working OK now, and Malewarebytes co-exists with no problems.

Just wanted to thank you for starting this thread.

Experienced the same issue with Bitdefender Windows 8 Security upon upgrading my system to windows 8.1.

Re-installation seems to have fixed the issue and avoided me a few headaches, it seems.

• @ javadjafar: Do you still need help with your Bitdefender product?

@FishyBusiness, @ComputerPerson: Thank you for your valuable feedback, we are glad that everything is back to normal now.

• My problem was that BD was always asking for a reboot and anti virus and firewall could not be enable. A repair settled it all.