Total Security Windows 7 Gadget

I just took advantage of the Black Friday deal on the new Total Security. I had only 4 days left on my Internet Security 2011 so I figured it was about time I upgraded. Internet Security 2014 is much too expensive so I opted for Total Security because of the price deal.

Anyway, is there a way to change the opacity of the Windows 7 desktop gadget? It's a little lager than the old 2011 scan activity bar so could do with making it semi transparent.

Comments

• not that I know of. you can hide it by clicking the cross. to show it again use the task tray icon and click show security widget.

• not that I know of. you can hide it by clicking the cross. to show it again use the task tray icon and click show security widget.

I found all the png files that make up the gadget and set all their opacity to 135 but can't save them because the files are in use - even if I disable the gadget before hand.

• You could try saving the new versions in a new location via 'save as' and then start windows in safe mode to replace the files in the correct location if you really want to go down the route of manipulating the image files.

You have to take 100% responsibility for the stability and operation of the program afterwards. Files in that location are protected to prevent damage and/or possible infection by malware. Make sure you either take a system image, keep copies of the originals or are willing to reinstall again in case it goes wrong.

Personally I wouldn't recommend proceeding though.

• You could try saving the new versions in a new location via 'save as' and then start windows in safe mode to replace the files in the correct location if you really want to go down the route of manipulating the image files.

You have to take 100% responsibility for the stability and operation of the program afterwards. Files in that location are protected to prevent damage and/or possible infection by malware. Make sure you either take a system image, keep copies of the originals or are willing to reinstall again in case it goes wrong.

Personally I wouldn't recommend proceeding though.

I'll try that. I poke and tinker with everything on my PC - games, windows registry...everything. It's what I do as a hobby I suppose. Really that's what PC's are for, otherwise I'd settle for a console.

• Me too. I also do all of the above. I Just have to put statements advising against it on here for obvious reasons.

Having a tinker with Linx Mint Maya x86 MATE on a 9 year old hp laptop that came with XP tonight. Keeps the grey cells from disolving so quickly ;)

Hope your mod works.