Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Cannot Install Bis64 2014

Options

HI I had uninstalled Bitdefender in early October because of windows 8.1.I tried last night to install BIS 2014 on my windows 8.1 machine .It was not successful twice is an understatement. I install it ,it goes all well ,but when opening bitdefender to go to dashboard or settings I get a B and that is it.This has happened twice.I uninstall with the 2014 uninstaller in safe mode.I even twice did a repair thinking that would fix Bitdefender Internet Security 2014 but still no good. I have about a year left on my subscription,can anyone help me out?

Please don't tell me it is windows 8.1 at fault, I have used Kaspersky 2014,F-secure 2014 and avg 2014 all work good in windows 8.1.I want to use Bitdefender instead of those but can't.

Comments

• Georgia
    Options

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this issue.

Could you please check if the following file exists on your computer? C:\windows\system32\ljkb\lmrn.dll

If you can find it please rename lmrn.dll in Safe Mode then check if the Bitdefender interface opens.

• satirecase3
    edited November 2013
    Options

Ok Georgia Thks for reply, I took out Bitdefender since it was not working.That file or folder does not exist on my machine.

• Georgia
    Options

Thank you for your confirmation.

I'd like to make sure the computer in question is not infected before submitting this case to our testing team.

If that's alright with you please try to reinstall Bitdefender, reproduce the issue and generate a BDSYS log.

Kindly attach it to your reply or upload the log to any file hosting server then paste here the download link.

Thanks so much, I am looking forward to hearing from you.

• THks for reply Georgia, if that file was on machine it would have been culprit. So this means I'll have to take out present security program I am using and install Bitdefender all over.If that is still a failure, I have to take it out and re-install present security program?

I'm just re-instating what I have to do because I spent 2-3 hours Friday night with the problem.I'll try again this week.Thks

• Hi I'd like to open log file and see what it shows ,it asks me for a password? Pls send password

• I installed it again same error it seems that the Bitdefender service is not being installed which causes the whole thing not to function.

• any ideas on this I have log but need password? Thks

• Georgia
    Options

Hi,

The password of the bdsys log is infected

In the meantime please open the following folder: C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender

Inside the Bitdefender folder locate the file seccenter.exe (it has a white "B" icon) , right click on it and choose Properties > go to Compatibility tab > check the box Run this program as an Administrator > click Apply, then OK.

Let me know if you can open Bitdefender now. I will also need the bdsys log to make sure there is no malware on the system.

Thank you!

• Hi Thks for reply Georgia, I uninstalled the Bitdefender Internet Security 2014 completely again ,a real mess. I installed Bitdefender Windows 8 Security,all went well and it installed and updated with no problems.Why is one working and not the other?

Thks

• Georgia
    Options

Hi,

The reasons are various, one of them including the fact that Bitdefender Windows 8 Security did not uninstall properly and prevented the new Bitdefender from functioning OK on the system.

However, if you want we help you investigate and solve the issue.

Thank you for your time, let us know what you decide.

• Ok Thks ,Bitdefender 8 from previous version was uninstalled all of it using revo .The xml. file is hard to read ,what should I be looking for?It has errors here and there. THks

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options

Please try to run this tool in Safe Mode:

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...installTool.exe

Save it on your PC, then reboot in Safe Mode.

Right-click on it and choose "Run as Administrator" > click Uninstall > restart the computer when prompted. This process may take a few minutes to complete.

Then, please reinstall the new Bitdefender using the corresponding kit from this topic:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=46845

If the same issue occurs, please apply these steps:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=204291

If it persists, I will need a Registry Editor export and the bdsys log.

• THks how different is the Internet security 2014 to the Security 8? Is it really necessary to uninstall security 8 to Internet security 2014?

• Pls any answer on question above? Thks

• Security 8 was built on 2013 product tech. 2014 products have updated architecture and components. they are very different. so installing one over the other is not recommended.

using revo to uninstall security packages isn't wise as it can miss files and registry entries. it is highly recommended to only use the uninstall routine provided with the installed package. if that fails, then use the dedicated uninstaller as instructed by Georgia above. after which I would also execute CCleaner registry cleaner to remove the last remnants of Bitdefender MUI entries.

Then you should be clear to install IS 2014.

• THks for reply , I wasn't going to install one over the other, I will try again doing the safemode which I always do.So even with the latest update of windows 8 security it is still old technology?Thks

• satirecase3
    edited November 2013
    Options

Hi ok here is an update I uninstalled Security 8 in safe mode did this twice.I then did a cleanup restarting each time.I then installed Internet Security 2014 and rebooted, at reboot the circles during boot just kept going and going ,and going.I hit reset on machine and it did the same thing I hit reset again and it finally went to desktop, I noticed there are others with this problem.

At desktop the B went to taskbar but that was it I clicked show dashboard and a small window came up next to taskbar with a B in the middle.I then went to Bitdefender folder and looked for seccen and did what was said above making this run as administrator.This did not change anything so I tried to go on internet to get to this site, the computer froze and I had no internet .

I got fed up, before uninstalling the 2014 version in safe mode and cleaned up entries with cleaner I did a bdlog..

As others noticed I seen that the uninstaller is leaving entries in startup and in various places in registry,this should not happen. I also had to go to my other machine to get on internet to download the bdsyslog application since I could not get on net because Security 2014 froze my machine. I did a log file and would like to see it before I upload it., could I get the pass pls .

• Hi anyone on this pls? Thks

• Password: infected

which Georgia provided for bdsys log does not work for you?

• It says system cannot find path specified

• I got the xml file all other files will not move.Do you want the xml file only?

• well here is log ,that was a waste of time hope someone finds the problem today on this file,i'll upload it

• Ho my recent post from trying to install latest 2014 internet security again fails where do I post file ,i tried to upload and it says I cannot upload this type of file ??

• Best way is to upload it to http://www.sendspace.com/ and post the generated link on here. Not sure it will get any more attention than what you already haven't had but kudos for your patience.

• Was I suppose to do it this way?

• how do i delete this sendspace file now?

• UNbeleivable how hard it is to get help ON here

• Wow still no response ,anyone other than support team who can help? THks

• anyone have a look at the file?

• Georgia
    Options

Hello,

The bdsys log does not collect any personal data, we guarantee the confidentiality.

However, unless you submit the entire BDSYS archive, I am afraid the virus analysts will not be able to fully analyze the logs.

You can also send the log directly to the Bitdefender Labs by following this link:

http://www.bitdefender.com/submit

• Thks for reply I have the rest of the files in zip file

• Georgia
    Options

Hello,

I just noticed your other topic and I merged it into this one.

I have sent the log to our Virus Lab for analysis purposes and we will contact you with more information once this process has been successfully completed.

Thank you for your patience, Happy Holidays!

• Hi, Thks for reply hope I can get it going soon. Thks

• Ok thks, what about the adapter settings?

I also noticed in device manager I have a entry called Bitdefender avc hv there is no yellow mark beside it but in the tabs under resources it says " this device isn't using any resources because it has a problem". Other than that Bitdefender is working fine but should I uninstall that entry and see if it installs itself correctly without a error? Thks

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options

That I don't know, sorry. I have it listed but it is running normally. This is a question for BD Tech probably.

Maybe try running a repair to see if it resets it correctly?

• satirecase3
    edited January 2014
    Options

Thks anyone from bd tech ?

Have done 2 resets from a system restore,maybe that is why the entry exists/?

• Georgia
    Options

Hi,

Thank you for your patience.

Nothing suspicious was found in the bdsys log. The issue is not malware related and has been fixed in the latest product update. The current build version is 17.25.0.1074.

Please right click on the Bitdefender icon located in system tray and from the menu select "Update Now". Reboot the PC if requested, then check if the issue persists.

• THks but I had to format and start all over,bitdefender was never re-installed I could never use it on other old install,the formatting and new setup fixed the problem I am running Bitdefender 2014 now ,still do not know what problem was in previuos old setup.What about the device manager setting that says this device is not using any resources because it has a problem, I sent a ticket to tech ,still waiting on that. Thks

• Georgia
    Options

Hello,

Sorry you had to go through re-installing the OS. Please post back your ticket ID to take a look at the case.

Thank you.

• Thanks Georgia for reply, here is ticket # for device manager problem The assigned reference number is: 2014020319100001 . Thks

• Hi Ricky i had to do a format and re-install of windows 8.1 ,Bitdefender installed without problems except for that thing in device manger I'm still waiting on from tech. I was not able to figure out from old install why BIS 2014 did not install properly, this security suite is good but very picky and this is weird to say but true ,nervous when certain software is installed,problem is we don't know what software.

• Georgia
    Options

@villageidiot55

Did you try to delete the entry and then to repair Bitdefender?

[How to repair Bitdefender]

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-do-...ender-1155.html

If the issue still persists, please reply on the ticket ID 2014020319100001 with the logs requested by my colleague.

Thank you!

• hi Georgia do u mean for that device manager problem i am having?

• I uninstalled entry of hvc in device manager restarted computer entry did not come back ,BIS is working fine, should I leave it alone,what is that entry for anyway?Thks

• I uninstalled entry of hvc in device manager restarted computer entry did not come back ,BIS is working fine, should I leave it alone,what is that entry for anyway?Thks

I did a repair after ,all went well, BIS is working after 2 restarts,but entry in device manager is still not there,is it really needed???

• Georgia
    Options

Hello,

I see my colleagues already responded via ticket ID 2013120418120003.

In case you missed their reply, here it is again:

That entry was probably and entry from a previous installation of Bitdefender.

If you do not receive any alerts in the main window, your product is working properly.

Should you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

• Hello Georgia, yes they did reply. The entry is not there in device manager, but all is working good anyways.Thks