Scan Ssl: Peer's Certificate Has An Invalid Signature.

Good afternoon. Last week I installed the latest version of Bitdefender, 17.20.0.883, on a Vista Home SP2 x86 desktop computer. I uninstalled the 2013 version first and then after a reboot I installed the latest version. My license expires in about 300 days.

After I installed the new version everything appeared to be working normally but my brother noticed that when he went to https://www.facebook.com in Firefox (latest version 24) that it gives the message Peer's certificate has an invalid signature. Other HTTPS websites don't have this problem and seem to work fine. I deleted Firefox's certificate database then started it again and manually added Bitdefender's certificate to the database. Still the problem is the exact same. For the time being I've disabled SSL scanning which solves the problem, but I wonder if you have some bug in your certificate parser or rewriter that is incompatible with Firefox. Chrome and Internet Explorer both work fine for Facebook regardless of whether SSL scanning is enabled or not.

Also, I read another post here that cites what appears to be a similar problem.

Here are two screenshots, one of your product info and one of Firefox choking on the invalid signature:

t6kr.png

svbh.png

Comments

• Good afternoon. Last week I installed the latest version of Bitdefender, 17.20.0.883, on a Vista Home SP2 x86 desktop computer. I uninstalled the 2013 version first and then after a reboot I installed the latest version. My license expires in about 300 days.

After I installed the new version everything appeared to be working normally but my brother noticed that when he went to https://www.facebook.com in Firefox (latest version 24) that it gives the message Peer's certificate has an invalid signature. Other HTTPS websites don't have this problem and seem to work fine. I deleted Firefox's certificate database then started it again and manually added Bitdefender's certificate to the database. Still the problem is the exact same. For the time being I've disabled SSL scanning which solves the problem, but I wonder if you have some bug in your certificate parser or rewriter that is incompatible with Firefox. Chrome and Internet Explorer both work fine for Facebook regardless of whether SSL scanning is enabled or not.

Also, I read another post here that cites what appears to be a similar problem.

Here are two screenshots, one of your product info and one of Firefox choking on the invalid signature:

t6kr.png

svbh.png

Same problem here... except with the latest version of Bitdefender disabling "Scan SSL" doesn't help anymore".

Hope Bitdefender gets this problem solved as soon as possible!

Nico