Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Ignoring A Macro Program

Options

I use a keyboard program, AsUType, http://www.asutype.com/index.html, for keyboard macros. I keep having a problem with case swithcing.

Charles W Billow ends up cHarles W Billow, or some other manifestation.

I just rebuilt my Windows 7 install from scratch, and was having no problems till this morning when I re-installed Bit Defender.

I uninstalled BD, and installed Security Essentials to see if the problem goes away. If it does NOT go away, then I go looking elsewhere. If it DOES go away, then there is some conflict between AUT and BD.

If that IS the case, how can/do I tell BD to ignore all activity by AUT?

Regards,

Chuck Billow

Comments

• I use a keyboard program, AsUType, http://www.asutype.com/index.html, for keyboard macros. I keep having a problem with case swithcing.

Charles W Billow ends up cHarles W Billow, or some other manifestation.

I just rebuilt my Windows 7 install from scratch, and was having no problems till this morning when I re-installed Bit Defender.

I uninstalled BD, and installed Security Essentials to see if the problem goes away. If it does NOT go away, then I go looking elsewhere. If it DOES go away, then there is some conflict between AUT and BD.

If that IS the case, how can/do I tell BD to ignore all activity by AUT?

Regards,

Chuck Billow

I just received an e-mail from Asutype, suggesting that Bitdefender is identifying Asutype as a key logger or some such.

How can I put Asutype into an "ignore" list or whitelist for Bitdefender to see if that is what is causing the problem?

Regards,

Chuck Billow

• Captain Obvious
    Options
    I just received an e-mail from Asutype, suggesting that Bitdefender is identifying Asutype as a key logger or some such.

How can I put Asutype into an "ignore" list or whitelist for Bitdefender to see if that is what is causing the problem?

Regards,

Chuck Billow

Well, if you go to "Settings">"Antivirus", you will see that there is an "Exclusions" tab. Turn this "On" and then try setting your exclusions accordingly. Let me know if you need more help. :)

• I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

Chuck

• Well, if you go to "Settings">"Antivirus", you will see that there is an "Exclusions" tab. Turn this "On" and then try setting your exclusions accordingly. Let me know if you need more help. :)

I was able, apparently, to add the entire folder, but not just the exe. It seems to be working so far, but is it safe to have a whole folder excluded?

Regards,

Chuck Billow

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious ✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I was able, apparently, to add the entire folder, but not just the exe. It seems to be working so far, but is it safe to have a whole folder excluded?

Regards,

Chuck Billow

I don't see why not. The chances of a virus specifically targeting AsuType's folder is going to be rare to non-existent. Usually, spyware and viruses go after system folders (e.g. System32 or SysWOW64) or platform folders (e.g. Java). So as long as your AsuType folder is the only one that's excluded, I don't see that being a major security threat.

Besides, you can always right click the folder and manually scan it with Bitdefender's context menu option every now and then if you're really worried about it. Anyways, glad I helped. Feel free to post again if you need more help. :)

• I don't see why not. The chances of a virus specifically targeting AsuType's folder is going to be rare to non-existent. Usually, spyware and viruses go after system folders (e.g. System32 or SysWOW64) or platform folders (e.g. Java). So as long as your AsuType folder is the only one that's excluded, I don't see that being a major security threat.

Besides, you can always right click the folder and manually scan it with Bitdefender's context menu option every now and then if you're really worried about it. Anyways, glad I helped. Feel free to post again if you need more help. :)

Thanks Cap!

Regards,

Chuck