Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender And Infections Not Disinfected

Options

Hi there,

I just downloaded and used bitdefender on my iMac (running OSX version 10.8.3) and it found many instances of malware and trojans.However two trojans could no be disinfected or quarantined: Trojan.Generic.7201348 and Trojan.PWS.Fareit.D.

What do I do about those? How can I get rid of them. I'm not sure how to delete them manually as the program recommends. Please help...I'm not very computer savvy.

Comments

• Nesivos
    Options
    Hi there,

I just downloaded and used bitdefender on my iMac (running OSX version 10.8.3) and it found many instances of malware and trojans.However two trojans could no be disinfected or quarantined: Trojan.Generic.7201348 and Trojan.PWS.Fareit.D.

What do I do about those? How can I get rid of them. I'm not sure how to delete them manually as the program recommends. Please help...I'm not very computer savvy.

I have never used a Mac but with Windows you can run only one real-time AV product at a time. I imagine it is the same for Macs. However, with Windows sometimes an installed AV software can not delete or quarantine malware that it finds. If that happens what Windows users can do is to look for virus removal tools that will scan and remove viruses without being installed to run in real-time. So what I would suggest is to look for a free AV removal tool for Macs that does not require you to install it to run in real-time.

Maybe a Mac user will come along with a better answer.

Sorry I have no AV removal tools to recommend for Macs however I imagine you can search for them and read their reviews just as well as I can.

Good luck

• Unknown
    Options

Hello,

I don't know how did you manage to install Bitdefender Free on an iMac. I suppose you are running Windows alongside with OSX using a boot utility like boot camp.

In this case this utility has only read access on OSX partitions and cannot take actions on such files.

• rootkit
    Options

Hello Amy,

Please check my answer from this topic:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=45800

May the holiday season bring you peace, health and joy!

This discussion has been closed.