Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bdis 2013 Key On Bdis 2012

Options

I used to buy BDIS from Flipkart's WS Retail, I think the company that sold BD products in India was 'Unistal USE Group' in New Delhi. Lately my friends who have bought BDIS 2012 faced unsolvable problem regarding "invalid key"- Bitdefender apparently told that they couldn't do anything and contact local Support. Which turned out in a refund. Now I do not want to buy BDIS 2013 because of the firewall's kid treatment of 'Paranoid Mode', can I use the new BDIS 2013 key if I buy one from flipkart.com and use it in renewal of my existing BDIS 2012?

And why have BD disallowed BDIS 2012 keys from Unistal group? It is really confusing and frustrating for the users.

Comments

• antikythera
    Options

why have BD disallowed BDIS 2012 keys from Unistal group?

probably because the authorised reseller/partner delivering support for Bitdefender in India is Venktron:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=192714

• pozzo
    edited July 2013
    Options

Okay, good to know - thank you antikythera.

I bought BDIS from the nationally recognised/used site Flipkart and shops from several years back of Unistal group, even got official support from this forum many times...suddenly one hears of this situation! To top that most people who bought the licenses realised that they have wasted the time ordering, not to mention hassles to get their money back. Where should one buy it then? Should I buy from Flipkart, 'cause most other sites overcharge...a lot; and many of them don't show the price until one has actually paid in debit/credit card!

BD seems to be found only sporadically in West Bengal's many stores, where its competitors thrive! And the second question remains unanswered, Does BDIS 2013 key work on BDIS 2012?

• pozzo
    Options

Nobody...anybody?

• I am very disappointed, Bitdefender Support seems to have no interest to my simple question, " Does BDIS 2013 key work on BDIS 2012?"

Or to rephrase is there any way that a BDIS 2013 serial (Bought in India) will be backwards compatible with BDIS 2012? Thank you in advance for any help.

• Georgia
    Options

Hello,

It really depends on the key restrictions - as you notice from the post pinpointed by antikythera, most of the Indian keys are geo-restricted.

Usually, all Bitdefender 2013 keys can be used to register Bitdefender 2012 products too. However, if you are going to buy a Bitdefender 2013 license key which won't work on Bitdefender 2012 just contact our commercial service department as they could help you in this regard.

• pozzo
    edited December 2013
    Options

I have ordered BDIS 2013 and it is on its way to me, I want to use that key to renew/register my existing BDIS 2012 software. When the software arrives, can you help me to do so? I will let you know the moment the software with serial arrives. I would be eternally grateful for your speedy help to resolve the matter through proper channels of Bitdefender.

Thanks in advance happy.gif

• The BDIS 2013 has arrived, with disc and serial (authorized reseller: Venktron). What do I need to do now to get its serial to validate on BDIS 2012. Bitdefender Support - Please do reply post haste.

regards and thanks,

Pozzo

• Captain Obvious
    Options
    The BDIS 2013 has arrived, with disc and serial (authorized reseller: Venktron). What do I need to do now to get its serial to validate on BDIS 2012. Bitdefender Support - Please do reply post haste.

regards and thanks,

Pozzo

Why don't you contact the professional support? You can send them an email and open a support ticket. Go here: http://www.bitdefender.com/support/consumer.html

There you will find email and phone support options. Just make sure you have your product activation key ready, as you may need that.

• pozzo
    edited December 2013
    Options

Done. Waiting for reply eagerly! 4 days remain to expiry date!

• pozzo
    edited December 2013
    Options

Sorry for being Off topic, can anyone verify that BDIS 2013 allows signed applications/exes/processes even when the 'Paranoid Mode' is on?

• It doesn't work on BDIS 2012. No answer from Bitdefender or Venktron (e-mailed repeatedly) whatsoever.Very, very disappointed.

• Captain Obvious
    Options
    It doesn't work on BDIS 2012. No answer from Bitdefender or Venktron (e-mailed repeatedly) whatsoever.Very, very disappointed.

Try phone support. Here is the "Worldwide" telephone number. (+40) 21 264 1794

NOTE: It is English only, but since you post English on this forums anyways, I'm assuming that won't be a problem.

Like Georgia mentioned, nobody in the forums is authorized to handle licensing issues. I appreciate you taking the time to post, but only Professional Billing support from Bitdefender is allowed to handle your licensing problem.

One note: You mentioned whether signed applications would be allowed if you turned paranoid mode on. The answer is no. That's the whole point. Paranoid mode alerts you when ANY application connects to the internet whether it is signed or not. That's why it's called "Paranoid" mode. It's for those who are paranoid. ;)

• I phoned Venktron and emailed them and after many hours the replacement key they gave didn't work at all! Now what. I don't know even if they understood the matter at all, they gave the impression they did but I don't know now.

• Captain Obvious
    Options
    I phoned Venktron and emailed them and after many hours the replacement key they gave didn't work at all! Now what. I don't know even if they understood the matter at all, they gave the impression they did but I don't know now.

Wait, I don't get your situation. Are you trying to use a BDIS 2013 key on the 2012 product??? Why? Upgrading to the latest is always free. Why do you insist on using 2012?

• Wait, I don't get your situation. Are you trying to use a BDIS 2013 key on the 2012 product??? Why? Upgrading to the latest is always free. Why do you insist on using 2012?

'Cause BDIS 2012 is more stable, it has good firewall as opposed to 2013 [i can tell because I'm using BDIS 2013, as I don't have any choice now] .

I've been using BDIS for years and years, seems there is always period where they absolutely refuse to address some serious issues. This has happened before, many times. The new firewall is not as good as previous ones, I mean, sure it's shinier and a little bit faster...

• Captain Obvious
    Options
    'Cause BDIS 2012 is more stable, it has good firewall as opposed to 2013 [i can tell because I'm using BDIS 2013, as I don't have any choice now] .

I've been using BDIS for years and years, seems there is always period where they absolutely refuse to address some serious issues. This has happened before, many times. The new firewall is not as good as previous ones, I mean, sure it's shinier and a little bit faster...

Well, I took a look at some of your other posts, and one of your complaints seems to be that the Firewall does not pass the Shields Up True Stealth test. So I took it just to see, and it passed with flying colors. How in the world did you fail??

• Bitdefender is offering excellent free antivirus products which use almost same technology as paid one . India can be a potential market for Bitdefender , however licensing remain major concern . Bitdefender team works great to slove issues

but the registration process and upgrades must be smooth

best of luck Bitdefender

B)

• Captain Obvious
    Options
    Bitdefender is offering excellent free antivirus products which use almost same technology as paid one . India can be a potential market for Bitdefender , however licensing remain major concern . Bitdefender team works great to slove issues

but the registration process and upgrades must be smooth

best of luck Bitdefender

B)

Geez, this post was completely idiotic. Please don't post stupid things like this anymore.