Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Widget Constantly Turning Blue Arrow

Options

I've noticed ever since i installed The New Bitdefender that sometimes i try to open a program like Outlook or Firefox and i get the little "swirl" that Windows is waiting for it to open, then it goes away and the program never opens, though if i open up my computer, or control panel or a folder on my desktop they open okay but you can't open any program in those folders, though individual areas of my computer and contol panel open.

I can't even open Bitdefenders main window.

I can't open task manager to see whats going on , but i do see the blue arrow in the Bitdefender Widget constantly going around in circles.

Thus i have to reboot to get the computer back to normal. When i do i check the status of Bitdefender to see when i have a scan scheduled and it doesn't match up to the time that the widget was going in circles.

Can you shed any light on whats happening here? It's obviously something to do with Bitdefender but what?

Don't tell me to run your support tool when this happens because i won't be able to get to it, it seems to lock up any application from running.

Please help, i have to reboot a couple of times a day due to this.

Comments

• gordow
    Options
    I haven't heard about BD with a blue arrow. Can you post a screen shot on this? Just for us to verify if it's from BD. bitdefender. smile2.png

It most definitely is part of BD , if you right click on the big "B" in the system tray it gives you the option of hiding or showing the "Security Widget".

And sorry but, you're not a BD Moderator so why would you be asking me to post a screen shot "for us to verify its from BD"?

• ozziebear
    Options
    I've noticed ever since i installed The New Bitdefender that sometimes i try to open a program like Outlook or Firefox and i get the little "swirl" that Windows is waiting for it to open, then it goes away and the program never opens, though if i open up my computer, or control panel or a folder on my desktop they open okay but you can't open any program in those folders, though individual areas of my computer and contol panel open.

I can't even open Bitdefenders main window.

I can't open task manager to see whats going on , but i do see the blue arrow in the Bitdefender Widget constantly going around in circles.

Thus i have to reboot to get the computer back to normal. When i do i check the status of Bitdefender to see when i have a scan scheduled and it doesn't match up to the time that the widget was going in circles.

Can you shed any light on whats happening here? It's obviously something to do with Bitdefender but what?

Don't tell me to run your support tool when this happens because i won't be able to get to it, it seems to lock up any application from running.

Please help, i have to reboot a couple of times a day due to this.

Hi...As far as the little blue arrow spinning in the widget goes, it has nothing to do with a scan. It is BD checking for updates. If it doesn't find one, the arrow should disappear shortly. If it does find one, it will spin until the update has finished downloading (if thats how you have it configured). As far as your slow loading problem goes, if no answer is forthcoming from support in a reasonable amount of time, I would suggest a reinstall of BD. Download the latest uninstaller and offline installer for your product and save them to your desktop. Restart the computer in safe mode and uninstall BD. Restart again and run a registry cleaner to remove any traces of BD. Install BD normally. If prompted to download the latest updates etc. choose no. You can do this later. This may or may not solve your problem. In many cases, problems with BD are caused by remnants of previous security products remaining on your computer or conflicts with products running in conjunction with BD. Good luck.

• gordow
    Options
    Hi...As far as the little blue arrow spinning in the widget goes, it has nothing to do with a scan. It is BD checking for updates. If it doesn't find one, the arrow should disappear shortly. If it does find one, it will spin until the update has finished downloading (if thats how you have it configured). As far as your slow loading problem goes, if no answer is forthcoming from support in a reasonable amount of time, I would suggest a reinstall of BD. Download the latest uninstaller and offline installer for your product and save them to your desktop. Restart the computer in safe mode and uninstall BD. Restart again and run a registry cleaner to remove any traces of BD. Install BD normally. If prompted to download the latest updates etc. choose no. You can do this later. This may or may not solve your problem. In many cases, problems with BD are caused by remnants of previous security products remaining on your computer or conflicts with products running in conjunction with BD. Good luck.

When its spinning there is nothing stating that BD is updating, its only slated to update once a day and this seems to happen a number of times throughout the day and sometimes it will cause the problems mentioned above, causing me to have to reboot the system.

• ozziebear
    ozziebear ✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    When its spinning there is nothing stating that BD is updating, its only slated to update once a day and this seems to happen a number of times throughout the day and sometimes it will cause the problems mentioned above, causing me to have to reboot the system.

BD checks for updates about every 15 minutes I believe so every time it does you will see the spinning arrow. I'm not sure what you mean by 'its only slated to update once a day', as I'm sure it updates much more frequently than that. So you are saying that everytime it checks for updates your system becomes unresponsive? In any case you can wait for support or try the reinstall.