Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Total Security 2008 Locks Up Windows After Loggin In

Options

Hey BD team,

I don't know how long Total Security 2008 has been out, but it still seems to be a very buggy piece of software.

I've had lots of misc. issues after installing it. The biggest of which is freezing WinXP on startup.

Is this a known issue on your end?

Has anyone else had this problem?

Comments

• s4u
    Options

No problems here.

How long ago did you install?

Did you try a reinstall?

• alexcrist
    Options

Hello BTS08 user,

I also have BD TS and all works fine to me. Did you previously have BitDefender v10 (or other version) installed? If yes, did you use the BD Uninstall Tool to remove it?

Also, if you didn't have other version of BD installed, did you have other AV product installed? Did you use specific removal tools to remove it before you installed BitDefender?

If you didn't use specific tools to remove your previous AV solution, please use it now, then re-install BitDefender.

Cris.

• Niels
    Options

Dear BDTS08 User,

When exactly does your computer freeze? Is it when you see the welcome screen?

If so : Try this press on alt+tab to switch to restoring network connections,press enter when you see an error message. The most common reason is that there are still leftovers of a previous antivirus.

Best regards

Niels

• Hey team,

Thanks for your replies and concerns.

I had no other antivirus installed. I'm running of a brand new computer on a fresh new re-formatted hard drive.

When it does lock up..it's usaually right after I log into windows...sometimes it freezes on the login screen.

Thankfully, I was able to run the "repair bitdefender" wizard from the start menu, and it has not locked up since then...Maybe that just might have done the trick! Hope it will stay that way :)