Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Renewal, Trick Or Treat? Hopefully Not A Trick!

Options

Not impressed with the Bit Defender renewal system.

Your busy at your PC, suddenly you see a flashed screen saying you have only 3 days to renew your subscription to save £34.96, you have two choices, stop and lose track of what you’re doing and renew then and there, or close the flash and hope you can renew later for the same price. And maybe not get the discount. If

WHY ON EARTH CAN’T THEY SEND ME A Bl***Y EMAIL! So I can renew within the 3 days when I have a more convenient opportunity? Going on line I could only find an offer of £29.99 not the £19.99 on the intrusive advert flash.

Not only that, but when you click on the B.D link it takes you to the renewal page that states “YOUR PRODUCT. The New Bitdefender – Total Security”.

The Address bar states *\*\*\renewal/ 2014. The page also states there are new items, New Wallet and New Security Report, Enhanced Safepay, Antispam and Parental Controls. Indeed the first page states quite clearly:

QUOTE “Whichever option you choose, here is what you get:” Unquote.

Two-way firewall

Privacy Protection

ENHANCED Safepay

NEW Wallet

NEW Security Report

ENHANCED Antispam

ENHANCED Parental Controls

I renewed and received a new license number (which I thought was a bit odd as I already had a license but assumed it must be for the new Total Security). The website also stated that the 365 days renewal would continue on top on my current license time. I opened my Bitdefender total Security 2013 and hit the ‘Update’ nothing changed still had 90 days left and it was still my Bitdefender total Security 2013. I then opened my Bitdefender account and tried an update there, after watching the watching the update icon rotate and rotate and rotate for ages I stopped the page and reloaded it, the licence expiry had increased to 545 days. Good I thought, the new license number was for the NEW Total Security version which would update my 2013 version.

I then opened up Bitdefender on my PC expecting to see was this to be shown as a new 2014 version, err no, still shown as 2013, there was no NEW Wallet, no NEW Security Report or any Enhancements that I can find! Only the license expiry date had changed.

So instead of the NEW Bitdefender TOTAL SECURITY which was advertised I was to get, (Shown as 2014) I still have my old 2013 version.

Maybe I am wrong but perhaps someone at Bitdefender can explain why I still have a 2013 version and not the NEW Bitdefender 2014 As detailed on the renewal page?

I hope the above is a one off error of Bitdefender not to deliver what they advertise and promise.

I look forward to receiving what I have paid for as soon as possible.

Thanks

Alan.

Comments

• trapper
    trapper ✭✭✭
    Options

I may well have to contact 'Support', however this cloud may have a silver lining. I read here there is a problem with BDTS and ASUS MB's, I have an ASUS P8P67 PRO REV 3.1 but have not installed the AI Suite II so am waiting until the conflict problem has been resolved or it is confirmed there is no problem with my MB (Without AI Suite II) and BDTS.

Regards

Alan.

• I never had such an issue with my renewal. There should be something wrong, you need to contact support and let them know about the problem and they will surely make your renewal process simple.

• antikythera
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I may well have to contact 'Support', however this cloud may have a silver lining. I read here there is a problem with BDTS and ASUS MB's, I have an ASUS P8P67 PRO REV 3.1 but have not installed the AI Suite II so am waiting until the conflict problem has been resolved or it is confirmed there is no problem with my MB (Without AI Suite II) and BDTS.

Regards

Alan.

Hello it only affects some Asus mainboards. Mainly with AI Suite III. I have BDIS installed alongside AI Suite II and there is no issue. The way I got it behaving is by adding the process exclusion in antivirus settings for

c:\program files (x86)\asus\ai suite ii\ai suite ii.exe

Also, you don't just get the new product by entering the license key in the 2013 version. you need to physically download the 2014 version:

http://www.bitdefender.com/site/support/Ho...r-2013-711.html

• Georgia
    Options

@trapper

Hello Alan,

As far as I can see, my colleagues from Commercial Support as well from Technical Support responded to your queries via ticket ID 187139. Please do not hesitate to reply to their email should you have other questions or concerns. You can also post back here.