Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Boot Time Scan Problem

Options

Hello,

I have uninstalled my synaptics mouse pad driver and wanted to boot pc in safe mode. I opened up msconfig and rebooted but then Bit Defender boot time scan pops up and gives me option to Reboot or Shutdown. I tried both options but all of them give me same result and bring me back to the Boot time scan. I then tried to scan because I may have some sort of virus but i had none found and now i am stuck and can't boot my pc fully because i am unable to get past this boot time scan screen. Why has this happened? I also installed an intel driver for my processor before that and nvidia graphics driver.

I am running windows 8.1 64bit

My Laptop is hp dv7-3xxx

Thank you!

Comments

• Nesivos
    Options
    Hello,

I have uninstalled my synaptics mouse pad driver and wanted to boot pc in safe mode. I opened up msconfig and rebooted but then Bit Defender boot time scan pops up and gives me option to Reboot or Shutdown. I tried both options but all of them give me same result and bring me back to the Boot time scan. I then tried to scan because I may have some sort of virus but i had none found and now i am stuck and can't boot my pc fully because i am unable to get past this boot time scan screen. Why has this happened? I also installed an intel driver for my processor before that and nvidia graphics driver.

I am running windows 8.1 64bit

My Laptop is hp dv7-3xxx

Thank you!

See here. The post is two years old but I don't think BD has a boot time scan

• See here. The post is two years old but I don't think BD has a boot time scan

Sorry, I meant Rescue Scan and it wont let me boot in to the OS it just traps me in a loop.

• Nesivos
    Options
    Sorry, I meant Rescue Scan and it wont let me boot in to the OS it just traps me in a loop.

There apparently has been a problem with with Rescue Scan on W8 for a while. The post below is a year old so you might want to search the forum to see if their is a more recent post on this problem.

Warning: Be Careful With Rescue Mode Scan In Windows 8

Did you try using the BD Rescue CD?

How to create a Bitdefender Rescue CD

• There apparently has been a problem with with Rescue Scan on W8 for a while. The post below is a year old so you might want to search the forum to see if their is a more recent post on this problem.

Thanks, I will try to make Rescue CD

• There apparently has been a problem with with Rescue Scan on W8 for a while. The post below is a year old so you might want to search the forum to see if their is a more recent post on this problem.

Also how can I access restore points if its not bootable? I remember creating a restore point.