Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How Do I Test Id Bd Is Monitoring My Web Browsing?

I mostly use Firefox and IE11 and Chrome on occasionally.

So far, I have not seen any evidence of BD protecting me from browsing to a safe or malicious (or infected) web sites.

How do I verify that this part of BD is working? What should I see on the web pages or google search results?

Is there a test page, preferably from BD, that I could open to test this?

Aloke

Comments

• antikythera
    edited January 2014

http://www.eicar.org/download/eicar.com

safe to use as a test. it is an industry standard antivirus test tool

• alokep
    edited January 2014

That is a file.

How do I test if BD is protecting me from scripts etc if I visit malicious or infected web sites?

Edit: BD does warn me when I go to the download page of that site and try to download the various test files.

Thanks.

• error-id10t
    edited January 2014

What happens when you try and access this page?

hxxp://www.station-drivers.com/download/asmedia/asm-105x_130107_91_00_00(www.station-drivers.com).exe

NOTE: for me it blocks it and alerts of a Trojan:

The page you are trying to access contains Trojan.Generic.7482676.

Is this a false-positive or true, don't know. That's a real-world example and up to you if you want to press it (see alert above when I do).

add: also, a "test file" from an AV provider doesn't mean much. They could've easily done it so it will capture it regardless making you feel all warm inside. In the real world it would mean little to nothing.

• What happens when you try and access this page?

Link removed

NOTE: for me it blocks it and alerts of a Trojan:

The page you are trying to access contains Trojan.Generic.7482676.

Is this a false-positive or true, don't know.

Hello, the link I gave is meant to be a safe test to illustrate the function is working. It is not wise to post links to actual suspected malware in case the person asking is indeed unprotected either due to failed install or settings changes.

This would leave them feeling pig sick and very angry, not warm and fuzzy inside.

The eicar site is independent. They don't have to make people feel warm and fuzzy. The product responding correctly to the test should do that.