Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

My Dell Tool

Options

post-175577-1390296608_thumb.png

"My Dell" which is a maintenance tool tells me I have an "Anti virus conflict" stating there is more than one antivirus software running and in the summary it tells me there are two bit defender anti virus enabled, what do I do to resolve this please ?

Comments

• Noticed this this evening if it's of any use.

post-175577-1390334701_thumb.png

• Rohugh
    Options

Does it show two Bitdefender programs in "C:\Program Files" ? If so are they are also two in Control Panel>Programs and Features?

• Does it show two Bitdefender programs in "C:\Program Files" ? If so are they are also two in Control Panel>Programs and Features?

No, there is only one instance in program files and control panel.

• Is there anyone from BT that can sort this for me???? I don't like the idea of having two versions of anything running or anti virus software that can run three scans at the one time.

2ex4s5l.png

• Rohugh
    Options

The only way to get an answer reasonably quickly, and it does seem an odd problem you have, is to send in a support ticket, you can find it at the bottom right of the main BD GUI as "Help & Support".

• Thanks for the replies guys, it's possible that it's a dell bug but it's still unusual to be able to run three scans at once on the program. Joelmch any suggestions on a third party program??

• rickhev
    Options

In Windows 8.1 My Dell always reports an antivirus conflict if you have the free version of Bitdefender installed. (I don't know about the pay version.) The reason is related to the fact that BD is registered as both an antivirus and an antispyware program (see Control Panel, Action Center, Security). A supervisor at Dell told me on 2014-05-01 that the problem is with My Dell and that it will be fixed in the next release of that product. I believe the My Dell program was written by a company called PC Doctor in Reno, NV. Will the problem ever be fixed? I'm not holding my breath.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello,

During the installation, Bitdefender automatically detects if other Bitdefender security solutions are installed on the same computer and prompts you to uninstall them. You can't have 2 or more Bitdefender antivirus programs installed simultaneously. Chances are the bug is in the Dell application.

What your images show is that 3 different scan types are running on your screen. I can see one Vulnerability Scan, a Quick Scan and a System Scan. This does not mean that there are multiple Bitdefender programs on the PC. Only multiple scans.

You can start these scans manually by simply going to Antivirus panel -> Scan Now -> select the desired scan.

If you did not do this manually, it means that you have set Bitdefender to run scheduled scans and they are all set to start at the same hour or around the same time. Click Scan Now on the Antivirus module and go to Manage Scans. Click each scan task from the list, click Schedule and check if it's ON. You can either switch the task to off, or change the start time so that it does not conflict with the other scan tasks from the list.

If you still have doubts, please post back a Bitdefender support log and I will get back to you with the results:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-to-...t-log-1168.html

Thank you!