Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Annoying Update Reminder

Options

How do I get this annoying reminder to restart my computer to stop annoying me. I will restart my computer when I am ready to. Every time I turn my computer on this annoying pop up, pops up, it also does it while I am using my computer then I have to stop what I am doing and close it out. I will close Bit Defender out if I cannot resolve this issue without starting my computer.

Comments

• Rohugh
    Options

Which version of Bitdefender are you using?

• A screenshot of the popup would be a good idea.

• Which version of Bitdefender are you using?

I can't find the version, but it is 2013 and it is updated and here is the screenshot. This reminder to restart is a pain in the you know what. It is there every time I start the computer and it pops up when I am using the computer. I will restart when I am ready, not every time this program updates. If this keeps up I will definitely not renew because as far as I am concerned this is an annoying "POPUP".

post-176311-1391117110_thumb.jpg

• Do you have your "postpone reboot" set to ON?

• Do you have your "postpone reboot" set to ON?

[/qu

Postpone reboot is turned on. What I want to turn off is this damned reminder that is there every time I use the computer and which pops up when I am using the computer. This will cause me to drop Bit Defender if this cannot be turned off. That popup, and that's what it is, should at least have the option of "don't show me this again", but it doesn't.

• Rohugh
    Options

Have you tried turning the "Update Status" to off? Not sure if it stops that pop-up but worth a try.

BD GUI/Settings/General/Advanced/Configure Status Alerts/and set Update Status to off

post-175392-1391356973_thumb.jpg

• Have you tried turning the "Update Status" to off? Not sure if it stops that pop-up but worth a try.

BD GUI/Settings/General/Advanced/Configure Status Alerts/and set Update Status to off

It's turned off. I'm really getting annoyed at this popup. I am going to dump Bit Defender before I put up with this for 224 more days.

• I'm going to get rid of Bit Defender, no one can find an answer as to getting rid of this annoying popup. ######, I didn't buy Bit Defender to be bothered by a pop up that will not go away, no matter what. What are these people thinking of? I try to contact support and they ask for my key, I don't know where it is and if it's in an email that is long gone

• Rohugh
    Options

Your license key is in MyBitdefender, click the dropdown from your email at the top and choose "Products"

• Your license key is in MyBitdefender, click the dropdown from your email at the top and choose "Products"

This program is a joke and so is chat. They had me delete my 2013 Bit Defender and download the new 2014 Bit Defender, I did that, and I knew it would not work. Now I want to do nothing but get away from this annoying program. I am going to ask for a refund, full or partial, anything but this annoying popup.

• Rohugh
    Options

Really sorry to hear that, I have the latest BD TS installed and apart from a weekly pop-up to tell me the security report is ready I have had no others (and I can turn that off in the UI).

I wish you luck with your refund and new AV.

• Really sorry to hear that, I have the latest BD TS installed and apart from a weekly pop-up to tell me the security report is ready I have had no others (and I can turn that off in the UI).

I wish you luck with your refund and new AV.

I really don't want to get rid of Bit Defender but I don't want to put up with a pop up that occurs when I turn on the computer and also pops up while I am using the computer. These people are nuts for not having a "do not remind me again" button, the only way to get the pop up off is to hit the "remind me later" button, which is exactly what it does. Their chat had me waste a lot of time and it was all for naught.

• columbo
    Options

Hi boilermaker27,

Hopefully support had you totally uninstall the 2013 version, then install the 2014?

Are you just getting the prompt for reboot as in your 1st image, and not other pop ups for like say, Laptop Mode (which can be disabled), or to enable Wallet, which can be checked to "do not remind me again", and can take 2-4 ticks to take hold)?

Try running a repair (restarting your PC as needed) and see if that helps, as you may have a corrupt file thing going on.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=183066

If the suggestion given by daman1 did not work, in setting postpone reboot to on (in which case you have to check Events/Update to see if a reboot is required) you may have other issues going on and in that case, need to contact support and open a ticket, to see if they can help.

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/contact-us.html

Kind regards,

Scott

• Hi boilermaker27,

Hopefully support had you totally uninstall the 2013 version, then install the 2014?

Are you just getting the prompt for reboot as in your 1st image, and not other pop ups for like say, Laptop Mode (which can be disabled), or to enable Wallet, which can be checked to "do not remind me again", and can take 2-4 ticks to take hold)?

Try running a repair (restarting your PC as needed) and see if that helps, as you may have a corrupt file thing going on.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=183066

If the suggestion given by daman1 did not work, in setting postpone reboot to on (in which case you have to check Events/Update to see if a reboot is required) you may have other issues going on and in that case, need to contact support and open a ticket, to see if they can help.

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/contact-us.html

Kind regards,

Scott

Support did have me uninstall 2013 and then install 2014 which I did and it took a while. This should not be an issue. I am here because again, the popup came up telling me to reboot my computer. Evidently there is no stopping this annoying popup. Why isn't there a "do no remind me" button? Why is a program that is supposed to do everything and has great reviews persist with this popup. When I am doing something and this pops up I have to stop what I am doing and hit "remind me later" there is no other darn way to get that popup off. By the way, it just popped up again. I'm not going to put up with this for another 215 days, I will restart my computer when I am ready, not when Bit Defender prompts me to.

• columbo
    columbo
    edited February 2014
    Options

Just a couple of questions.

What OS are you running and bit version?

It looks like you're running BD Total Security.

Did you previously have another vendors security software installed, as BD really doesn't like (can corrupt installs and cause glitches) any remnants of leftovers files etc. of other vendors. If so, what had you been using?

• Captain Obvious
    Options
    Support did have me uninstall 2013 and then install 2014 which I did and it took a while. This should not be an issue. I am here because again, the popup came up telling me to reboot my computer. Evidently there is no stopping this annoying popup. Why isn't there a "do no remind me" button? Why is a program that is supposed to do everything and has great reviews persist with this popup. When I am doing something and this pops up I have to stop what I am doing and hit "remind me later" there is no other darn way to get that popup off. By the way, it just popped up again. I'm not going to put up with this for another 215 days, I will restart my computer when I am ready, not when Bit Defender prompts me to.

One more question. How are you even seeing this? Whenever you shut down your computer, by definition, aren't you also restarting it? So how in the world can you see this pop up "everytime you turn on your computer"? Besides they don't have product updates that often.