Add Imap Support!

I can't believe a search of this forum for "IMAP" yields no results.

It's pretty self-expanatory, I think: Currently (early 2014), Bitdefender somehow does still not support the IMAP email protocol.

Comments

• Is that because IMAP stores the emails on a server, BD cannot deal with them there?

• Bitdefender Anti-Spam does not support IMAP. There is no technical reason that it could not function with IMAP, so my request is to finally add IMAP support.

Some antivirus products also scan email connections for malware between the email server (whether POP3/SMTP or IMAP) and client. As I understand it, Bitdefender does not do this even for POP3. I am not requesting that this totally new functionality be added; I am only asking that the current anti-spam functionality be expanded to include IMAP.

• Some antivirus products also scan email connections for malware between the email server (whether POP3/SMTP or IMAP) and client. As I understand it, Bitdefender does not do this even for POP3.

Oops, I was wrong about this...

• I use thunderbird to access a private IMAP server. What I'd like is a thunderbird plugin that does the filtering, tagging, deleting within thunderbird, perhaps while communcating to the local bitdefender service or ??, just I have an IMAP need too.