Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Total Security 2014 Missing Installation File

Options

Hi. About six hours ago, I upgraded to Bit Defender Total Security 2014.

I've tried around 25 times (no exaggeration) to install TS via the BD install file. I even re-downloaded the installation file, and I've re-started my computer numerous times, as per the installation file instructions.

However, every time the installation file is downloading, I get between 43%, but usually exactly 53%, downloaded and I get a message saying there's a file missing and do I want to try again.

The first time this happened, I was also given a message to check my internet connection.

My internet connection is fine (about 3000kbps down load) and I've never had any problems downloading anything. All the evidence suggests something is wrong at Bit Defender's end. Either the site is bottlenecked with downloads, due to their super-special price deal, or the Bit Defender Total Security 2014 download file is corrupted or incomplete.

PS. I'm in Australia, so I'm downloading from the Australian website.

I'll be very grateful for any help. :blink:

Comments

• Maybe try this: Offline Download Links

• Captain Electrode
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Maybe try this: Offline Download Links

Thanks. :-) I'll give that a try. They don't make it easy to find this stuff. :-/

I've also just finished downloading and using the uninstall tool. That removied a bunch of remaining bits from a previous installation.

*Edit. It would have helped if BD told us the difference between x86 and x64. I had to look it up elsewhere. Apparently x86 is 32bit and x64 is 64 bit. (I have a 64 bit installation of Windows 7)

• Captain Electrode
    edited February 2014
    Options

I tried the offline installer for "TS x64", but it doesn't work either. I downloaded and ran the installer twice, but each time I got this message:

"Some installation files are corrupt.

Please download a fresh copy and retry the installation."

I've had enough of this. I'm going to tell BD to give me my money back.

I've been using BitDefender for about five years, and have never had a problem until now. I can't keep going on wasting hours on end for a product that doesn't work. I've also since found out two friends used the latest versions of BD with major problems. One using Windows 7 found BF stopped Windows booting up, the other found it wouldn't work properly with Windows 8. (Both are high level IT workers)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I tried the offline installer for "TS x64", but it doesn't work either. I downloaded and ran the installer twice, but each time I got this message:

"Some installation files are corrupt.

Please download a fresh copy and retry the installation."

I've had enough of this. I'm going to tell BD to give me my money back.

I've been using BitDefender for about five years, and have never had a problem until now. I can't keep going on wasting hours on end for a product that doesn't work. I've also since found out two friends used the latest versions of BD with major problems. One using Windows 7 found BF stopped Windows booting up, the other found it wouldn't work properly with Windows 8. (Both are high level IT workers)

Captain Electrode:

Sorry that the program is not installing correctly for you. I understand your frustration. I have installed three versions of the new TS without issues and it works great. You could open a ticket with Technical Support

to try to determine where the install is failing and what file is missing. They do have a support tool that will identify errors and I have found their Technical Support to be pretty good. You have to wait a few days

for a response, but they do respond. I am suspicious that some other anti-virus program, or traces thereof, or perhaps registry corruption is the likely culprit.

Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

• Captain Electrode
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Captain Electrode:

Sorry that the program is not installing correctly for you. I understand your frustration. I have installed three versions of the new TS without issues and it works great. You could open a ticket with Technical Support

to try to determine where the install is failing and what file is missing. They do have a support tool that will identify errors and I have found their Technical Support to be pretty good. You have to wait a few days

for a response, but they do respond. I am suspicious that some other anti-virus program, or traces thereof, or perhaps registry corruption is the likely culprit.

Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Cheers. :-)

Unfortunately, I can't wait that long. My antivirus expired at midnight, last night. I'm going to install a 30 day free trial of AVG, for now. I have written to BD admin asking for a refund. I gave them a link to this thread, and I am open to their help, though. :-)

Edit. PS. I did use their uninstaller, prior to doing the offline installation, but it still didn't install properly.

I really don't like having to rely on people, such as your good self, for things that shouldn't happen. (I know each computer is slightly different, though.) I also study online, so I really don't like the thought of potentially being locked out of my computer. (see earlier post)

• ozziebear
    Options
    Cheers. :-)

Unfortunately, I can't wait that long. My antivirus expired at midnight, last night. I'm going to install a 30 day free trial of AVG, for now. I have written to BD admin asking for a refund. I gave them a link to this thread, and I am open to their help, though. :-)

Edit. PS. I did use their uninstaller, prior to doing the offline installation, but it still didn't install properly.

I really don't like having to rely on people, such as your good self, for things that shouldn't happen. (I know each computer is slightly different, though.) I also study online, so I really don't like the thought of potentially being locked out of my computer. (see earlier post)

Hi...If you are not too frustrated and willing to try one more time, maybe this will work for you. Download the offline installer and save it to your desktop. Restart your computer in safe mode and run the uninstaller from there. When it is finished you can run a registry cleaner and see if it finds any more BD entries. (CCleaner is quite safe). Restart your computer normally and try installing BD again. If prompted to download the latest updates, choose no. You can do this later. Worth a try. Good luck.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

@ Captain Electrode

Thank you for taking the time to provide your valuable feedback!

If you decide to reconsider our products please contact us at anytime and we will assist you further:

http://www.bitdefender.com/en/Main/contactEmail

This discussion has been closed.