How Do I Remove Notification Popup That My System Is Protected?

Hello,

How do I stop BD to show popup below which pops up each time I wake up my PC

post-177195-1392597608_thumb.png

Comments

• Is that BD 2013 or 2014?

• Is that BD 2013 or 2014?

2014 I assume, I downloaded latest one from website

• I was just wondering because I've never seen that on my 2014,anyway the only settings i see are here,do you have these turned off?

post-176520-1392605618_thumb.png

• Wow! What GSA shows is the latest Bitdefender Free Edition 1.0.21.1099 interface. I had never seen what daman1 shows! (I doubt the interface would be different for different versions of Windows.) The download page confirms the appearance. Anyway, for me the interface only shows when I click on the system tray icon, and the download page indicates that is the correct behavior (nag free). There is no control in the user interface for it to pop up automatically (perhaps there is one well hidden!).

GSA, did you try repairing your installation (through the Windows control panel)?

• ... I had never seen what daman1 shows! ...

That must be the interface for Bitdefender Antivirus Plus.

• mmaker
    edited February 2014
    I was just wondering because I've never seen that on my 2014,anyway the only settings i see are here,do you have these turned off?

We don't see that on the Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition (2014). It has very limited control settings and I can't even stop it from launching with Windows 7, unless I uninstall it. Windows services also cannot change the settings from "Automatic" to Delayed/Manual/Disabled.

I have the same problem in that whenever I start up Windows 7, that notification popup will appear after a few seconds. I believe it shows up because it got updated with the latest virus/spyware signatures. What I did was to click on that popup, click on any part of the Windows 7 desktop and then it will disappear. It's annoying and wasted a few seconds of my precious life every time I start my PC. I can't ignore the popup because it stays on top and blocks the view of my desktop and whatever work I'm doing.

vhFNY04.jpg

• We don't see that on the Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition (2014). It has very limited control settings and I can't even stop it from launching with Windows 7, unless I uninstall it. Windows services also cannot change the settings from "Automatic" to Delayed/Manual/Disabled.

I have the same problem in that whenever I start up Windows 7, that notification popup will appear after a few seconds. I believe it shows up because it got updated with the latest virus/spyware signatures. What I did was to click on that popup, click on any part of the Windows 7 desktop and then it will disappear. It's annoying and wasted a few seconds of my precious life every time I start my PC. I can't ignore the popup because it stays on top and blocks the view of my desktop and whatever work I'm doing.

~image omitted~

I may have some vague memory of a similar experience after I installed Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition 1.0.21.1099. I am not sure how or when it stopped (it it ever happened), but I certainly do not have such problem now. It may have stopped on it's own. I do remember having an ad pop up once for a promotion a while ago (it may have being the end of last year) but I am yet receive notice about the Bitdefender Leap Year promotion (any product for $29!!!!!). My Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition seems to be too quiet...

In any case, the interface showing up a few seconds after logging in may have to do with the fact that the interface does not load at the boot time like the main engine does, but when the explorer loads. The interface should also hide itself if you click on anything outside it.

• stunatra
    edited March 2014

SO nobody knows how to get rid of this annoying popup window? If not, I'm going to uninstall it. There's enough aggravation using the computer without your AV aggravating you too! How can a program have absolutely NO settings at all? Ridiculous!

• Doesn't happen to me often, but when it does, I hit "Task Manager" and it automatically goes away before I can do anything else.

• Hi,

Please run a System File Check on the system and let me know if the issue persists.