Can't Restore Deleted File

The program deleted a file that is not a virus and I can't see anyway to restore it. Any suggestions?

Comments

• tw33k
    edited July 2013

Can't edit posts here? Strange. Anyway, Bitdefender has deleted 2 more files that are not malware and I can find no way to restore them. Looks like I have to go back to avast! free which actually has some configuration options including the ability to restore quarantined files and add them to an "allow" list. If Bitdefender free wants to attract more users then these options are essential

• Press Logs button and then Threat Control tab

From there you can see your quarantined files and you can restore/unblock them

• Press Logs button and then Threat Control tab

From there you can see your quarantined files and you can restore/unblock them

There were no options there to restore/unblock. Anyway, I've gone back to avast! I'll keep an eye on Bitdefender free and might try again when/if things improve

• kingstoned
    edited September 2013

i have a similar problem, i can't restore a quarantined file. i can see the file in the events logs and i can see the recover button, but when i click the recover button, nothing happens.

i also deleted a file from the logs, now i cant recover it.

post-155986-1378278161_thumb.png

• According to the Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition - Product Updates some improvements have been made so I just installed it again so I can test it out. Hopefully it's a lot better than last time I used it.

• I just installed bit defender and am running into the same problem. Through the "threat control" window, I can restore some but not all of the files that were moved into quarantine by bit defender. How this company can release a product that will not restore all files it has deleted from my computer is unbelievable.

• I clicked on the LOGS button but nothing happened. I can't see the Events/Thread Control dialog and I don't know what has been detected or quarantined. What can I do to show files??

• I clicked on the LOGS button but nothing happened. I can't see the Events/Thread Control dialog and I don't know what has been detected or quarantined. What can I do to show files??

A the logs panel with shows up for me even after I cleared all logs (while having no threats), so I presume it should show up whenever you press the LOGS button. You may want to repair your installation.

You may search you disk for files with the extension ".gzquar" and those found would be files quarantined by Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition.