Auto Update & Other Language Builds

Hi,

I'm using Bitdefender Total Security 2014 (English build) and my current build number is 17.21.0.925 but I saw the newest build is 17.22.0.967.

Bitdefender says there's no update availlable, is this normal or will the update be rolled-out later on?

Also I was wondering, as I normally use the Dutch version when this version will be update since is stil on 17.16.0.729

Thx in advance!

Kopernikus

Comments

• Hi,

I'm using Bitdefender Total Security 2014 (English build) and my current build number is 17.21.0.925 but I saw the newest build is 17.22.0.967.

Bitdefender says there's no update availlable, is this normal or will the update be rolled-out later on?

Also I was wondering, as I normally use the Dutch version when this version will be update since is stil on 17.16.0.729

Thx in advance!

Kopernikus

I have the same question..

The Dutch offline installer is still at 17.16.0.729..

In my Case it's Internet Security.

But when updated still at 17.19.0.831

Since 17.19.0.831 their are 4 newer builds..

Why doesn't the Dutch version don't get updated as much as the Original English one.

• I have the same question..

The Dutch offline installer is still at 17.16.0.729..

In my Case it's Internet Security.

But when updated still at 17.19.0.831

Since 17.19.0.831 their are 4 newer builds..

Why doesn't the Dutch version don't get updated as much as the Original English one.

I agree! That's why I'm using the English version at the moment, but I would rather use the Duth one!

• Still no reaction from Bitdefender...

Dutch customers that payed for the software arn't that important i think..?

English version received an update again.. 17.23.0.996

Still no updates to the Dutch Build.

• Still no reaction from Bitdefender...

Dutch customers that payed for the software arn't that important i think..?

English version received an update again.. 17.23.0.996

Still no updates to the Dutch Build.

Yes, it seems we aren't important to them!

I understand it takes a little longer for a non-english update, but if other AV manufacturers can give updates for their non-english versions, why can't Bitdender do this?

Hope to get some answer from them.

• lOl i love you guys ... same for me except than im a FRENCH canadian... looks like im better with the English version... nyway... its the same thing about everything... CCLEANER etc

• c0sm0s
    edited December 2013

@Bitdefender When will Dutch builds will be updated. IS 2014 still at 17.19.0.831.. And the offline download packages still at 17.16 - 3 dec.

Bitdefender: Soon.

Now we can wait and see what they call "soon".

• @Bitdefender When will Dutch builds will be updated. IS 2014 still at 17.19.0.831.. And the offline download packages still at 17.16 - 3 dec.

Bitdefender: Soon.

Now we can wait and see what they call "soon".

Time will tell...., keep us updated ;-)

• Time will tell...., keep us updated ;-)

Today Internet Security 2014 is automaticly updated to version 17.23.0.996 (Dutch)

Offline installation packages at Bitdefender site not updated at the moment..

But hope they will follow in the coming days.

• Today Internet Security 2014 is automaticly updated to version 17.23.0.996 (Dutch)

Offline installation packages at Bitdefender site not updated at the moment..

But hope they will follow in the coming days.

Good news, Total security online installation Dutch version also updated to 17.23.0.996.

But... since update problem with SSL connections with my Eid (Belgian goverment), in older version disabling "Scan SSL" helped, but not now. (Continuing in Privacy thread....)

• Same issue here...

The current build version is 17.26.0.1106 but in pt-br language auto update says there's no update available.

• Hi,

I'm using Bitdefender Internet Security 2014 in italian language. Current version is 17.24 xxx. How can I update to the last version (17.26 xx)?

The 17.24 has some problems with Safepay application when used with Acronis products.

• Hi,

I'm using Bitdefender Internet Security 2014 in italian language. Current version is 17.24 xxx. How can I update to the last version (17.26 xx)?

The 17.24 has some problems with Safepay application when used with Acronis products.

Its because you dont have the english bitdefender. Updates in foreign language are slower. I was with the french bitdefender and went to the english bitdefender for that reason.

• Moldoveanu Marius
    Moldoveanu Marius Senior QA Engineer ✭✭✭

The updates for other languages besides english implies more time for customization and testing (internalization, etc) . Eventually they will get them. :)

• Frmg
    edited March 2014
    The updates for other languages besides english implies more time for customization and testing (internalization, etc) . Eventually they will get them. :)

Ok, but more than a month for only customize and check translations? C'mon -_-

We are in 17.25.0.1074 version released in 06/02/2014 and today is 18/03/2014 and nothing.

For a company with the dimension of bitdefender this is totally unacceptable. Especially when we talk about updates that imply safety. ;)

Lets change the rules with others international bitdefender teams. Its easy! All you need is wanna do ;)

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    edited March 2014

Hello,

We are discussing here the product updates, which are different from signature updates. Keep in mind that all Bitdefender programs, no matter the year version and interface language benefit from daily signature updates. This is what protects the computer from malware attacks.

Product updates, on the other hand, are released usually once a month to fix or improve how certain Bitdefender modules work. This does not affect the security of your operating system.

Please let us know if you have other questions.

• Hello,

We are discussing here the product updates, which are different from signature updates. Keep in mind that all Bitdefender programs, no matter the year version and interface language benefit from daily signature updates. This is what protects the computer from malware attacks.

Product updates, on the other hand, are released usually once a month to fix or improve how certain Bitdefender modules work. This does not affect the security of your operating system.

Please let us know if you have other questions.

Sorry to disagree, but the product updates are important, and waiting months for an update in other languages ​​is not good, bitdefender is the only company that does this, every other companys feature updates in all languages​​, I'm still waiting the update 17.27 in Portuguese and if this situation continues I find myself compelled to put bitdefender in English so as to be always updated.

Greetings

HAS

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Thank you for your feedback, we will take it into consideration.

This discussion has been closed.