Disable The Older Forums

columbo
columbo
edited February 2014 in Feature request

Hello :)

I've noticed that the False Positive forum will soon be disabled and queries will be submitted directly to BD Labs. This will be nice as it may help free up Tech. Support to be able focus on The New Bitdefender forum: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=210389

Some members are still trying to post questions on the older forums, especially the 2012 forums. Georgia has been on top of it in notifying members of the need to upgrade to The New Bitdefender/2014 version, and closing those threads. Is there any way of just disabling the older forums like you're going to be doing with the False Positive forum, which would still leave us access to the knowledge base there. Also, when the new beta (for the 2015 version) comes out and then hits public release, would then be nice to disable the 2013 forum at that time, as it will be 2 years behind.

Just a thought ^_^

edit: rephrased a sentence.

Comments

• Hello :)

I've noticed that the False Positive forum will soon be disabled and queries will be submitted directly to BD Labs. This will be nice as it may help free up Tech. Support to be able focus on The New Bitdefender forum: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=210389

Some members are still trying to post questions on the older forums, especially the 2012 forums. Georgia has been on top of it in notifying members of the need to upgrade to The New Bitdefender/2014 version, and closing those threads. Is there any way of just disabling the older forums like you're going to be doing with the False Positive forum, which would still leave us access to the knowledge base there. Also, when the new beta (for the 2015 version) comes out and then hits public release, would then be nice to disable the 2013 forum at that time, as it will be 2 years behind.

Just a thought ^_^

Yes I'd have to agree with you on this one Scott. With BD forum support spread as thin as it is, it would only make sense to concentrate their efforts on the latest version of their software. I'm a little puzzled about some users reluctance to upgrade to the latest technology when doing so is free. It may all be a moot point anyway, as I think BD has been subtlely (or maybe not so subtlely) telling us for some time now, that if we want real support, we are going to have to pay for it. As an aside, for anyone still using Windows XP, Microsoft will be discontinuing support for that OS come April.
  • Yes I'd have to agree with you on this one Scott. With BD forum support spread as thin as it is, it would only make sense to concentrate their efforts on the latest version of their software. I'm a little puzzled about some users reluctance to upgrade to the latest technology when doing so is free. It may all be a moot point anyway, as I think BD has been subtlely (or maybe not so subtlely) telling us for some time now, that if we want real support, we are going to have to pay for it. As an aside, for anyone still using Windows XP, Microsoft will be discontinuing support for that OS come April.

Agree on all points the you made, friend. Thanks for you thoughts.

• Agree on all points the you made, friend. Thanks for you thoughts.

How about, "Thanks for your thoughts"...lol :P

• Agree on all points the you made, friend. Thanks for you thoughts.

So do I. As it is there isn't enough time in the day for Tech. Support to cover the latest product forum section and deal with support cases let alone extra hassle of 2011 and earlier.

Incidentally the End of Life Policy indicates that 2012 isn't EOL just yet. 2011 became EOL on 6th January 2014. So I would presume the same would apply next year for 2012.

All it needs is to be locked with a sticky topic at the top saying:

Thank you for your continued interest in Bitdefender. The program you are visiting this forum for help with is no longer eligible for technical support. Please refer to this KB article and then upgrade to the latest version free of charge.

• columbo
    columbo
    edited February 2014

Great thoughts, antikythera. Your previous experience as a Mod. and the excellent work you've done on the K forum brings some good insights, esp. about a Sticky at the top of the forum web page. Yes, the EOL is a good point, with the disclaimer and links you mentioned. Some good input by the members here :)

• Thanks, Yes I have fully agreed with all points that made you with you this post.