Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Is Antispam Really Antispam?

I'm watching 12,000 emails be downloaded by Outlook 2013, while I have Bitdefender Internet Security 2014 enabled. The plug-in is in Outlook, but it is not stopping any spam.

Am I missing something here?

Comments

• Hello,

Welcome to the Bitdefender forums.

Make sure the Antispam button is turned ON on the Bitdefender interface.

Also, be advised that the Bitdefender antispam protection is available only for e-mail clients configured to receive e-mail messages via the POP3 protocol, through the default port 110. If your Outlook 2013 is configured to receive e-mail messages using other protocol than POP3 (for example, IMAP), the Bitdefender Antispam filter does not check them for spam.

Feel free to post back if you have other questions.

• Hello,

Welcome to the Bitdefender forums.

Make sure the Antispam button is turned ON on the Bitdefender interface.

Also, be advised that the Bitdefender antispam protection is available only for e-mail clients configured to receive e-mail messages via the POP3 protocol, through the default port 110. If your Outlook 2013 is configured to receive e-mail messages using other protocol than POP3 (for example, IMAP), the Bitdefender Antispam filter does not check them for spam.

Feel free to post back if you have other questions.

Can you clear that up a bit,to technical,, how do we know were set up through there or..how to do it.

• I'm watching 12,000 emails be downloaded by Outlook 2013, while I have Bitdefender Internet Security 2014 enabled. The plug-in is in Outlook, but it is not stopping any spam.

Am I missing something here?

I'll check the port, but didn't change anything from the defaults (which would be 110), and it is set for POP3.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    edited February 2014

@ daman1

A simple Google search can help you find the instructions, also available in the Microsoft kb:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2758902

If you still can't find the protocol that your e-mail client is using to download e-mail messages, please ask the person who configured your e-mail client.

@ Offy

If your email client is configured to receive e-mail messages via the POP3 protocol, but spam messages still arrive in your inbox, please check whether the Spam folder exists in the Deleted Items folder from Outlook. This is where the spam should go to. The Spam folder is created during the installation of Bitdefender.

• Offy
    edited March 2014

@ daman1

A simple Google search can help you find the instructions, also available in the Microsoft kb:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2758902

If you still can't find the protocol that your e-mail client is using to download e-mail messages, please ask the person who configured your e-mail client.

@ Offy

If your email client is configured to receive e-mail messages via the POP3 protocol, but spam messages still arrive in your inbox, please check whether the Spam folder exists in the Deleted Items folder from Outlook. This is where the spam should go to. The Spam folder is created during the installation of Bitdefender.

Bitdefender was installed before Outlook was installed. The email client uses POP3 on default port 110. The Spam folder is in the Deleted folder of that accounts inbox.

The plug-in appears to be there, because the ADD-INS menu has setting controls for Bitdefender Antispam, along with manual buttons for me to declare spam status.

I guess I should just ask the simple question that I'm trying to determine. Does Bitdefender actually scan inbound email for spam signatures and quarantine them to the Spam folder, or do I have to manually mark each email?

<UPDATE> Suddenly, the send/receive has placed items in the Spam folder. It appears to be functioning.