Updating Bd

I have BD Internet Security 2013 and I got Windows 8.1 too. Can I get the BD for Windows 8.1 for free or need to pay? If yes, can you give me the link?

Thanks in advanse.

Comments

• If i understand correctly you have a purchased license for 2013? and you want to update to 2014?

• yiannis1978
    edited March 2014

Yeap, how can I do it? If I can, It gonna be for Windows 8.1? :)

• daman1
    edited March 2014

Should help you...make sure you run the removal tool before installing 2014,you want a clean install.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=46845

• You can update for free - see the details here which includes help and installation -

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=366&id=58

I use Total Security (which is the same as IS with a few bits added on :) ) on my Widows 8.1 laptop and it works flawlessly

• yiannis1978
    edited March 2014

Thank for the help, it was useful.

Another thing that I want to ask, I got a registration key for Total BD. The remaining days from Internet Security BD (that I have now), gonna add with Total BD, if I use it or need to wait until the days on the Internet Security BD expired?

• Yes, you're correct in your assumption, you would need for BD IS to expire on its own. You cannot add those days to the Total Security, as that is an upgrade product version.

• Thank you for your help. The key I got for Total Security BD, when even gonna use is active, it not gonna expired if iIdon't use it, correct?

• Thank you for your help. The key I got for Total Security BD, when even gonna use is active, it not gonna expired if iIdon't use it, correct?

Correct, as long as you don't activate the Total Security key it will be there when you want it.

I am the other way round, I have TS and an unused IS key which I will use in another 270 or so days. :)

• Is there any way to find out, if the key is active without engage it? :)

• Is there any way to find out, if the key is active without engage it? :)

Yes there is. Log into your MyBitdefender account. At the top of that web page click on the drop down arrow associated with your email account. Click on Products and on the top black Subscription bar, click the drop down arrow where it says Filter, uncheck Obsolete License just to make it easy (in case you have a lot of expired versions) and it will show you your active license keys.

• Yet, I should also include this disclaimer to my above post, in that it only will apply to those who have activated their MyBitdefender account, and have that (one of many) nice feature available of being able to check products and license keys. The below taken from this link: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=186053

Hello hkniese,

A MyBitdefender account is required in order to use the online features of your product.

The online security dashboard (my.bitdefender.com) is an essential part of your online security, accessible anytime, anywhere, from any internet connected device. We strongly encourage you to use it to:

- protect yourself on Facebook with Safego

- remotely manage the security of your devices

- watch over your kids in the online world with Parental Control (available in Bitdefender Internet Security and Bitdefender Total Security)

- store your files safely online and access them instantly across your mobile devices with Bitdefender Safebox (available only for Bitdefender Total Security)

- track and recover control of stolen devices with Anti-Theft (for Bitdefender Total Security)

- you can also see all your devices and take advantage of promotions customized for you and retrieve the Bitdefender license key at any point should you lose it

Lastly, if you are still not interested in using the online features of the Bitdefender product, you can choose to enter any random email address and password in the box that prompts you to create a Bitdefender account. Once you do that, you will no longer receive pop-up reminders about the activation.

I am here for you if you have other questions or concerns, thank you!

• You can update for free - see the details here which includes help and installation -

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=366&id=58

I use Total Security (which is the same as IS with a few bits added on :) ) on my Widows 8.1 laptop and it works flawlessly

Even I always prefer using the total security. It keeps me absolutely tension free.