Auto Update Question

I have BD W8 Security running on three Inel W8.1 computers. One of the computers is new and replaced an old AMD computer running W8.0.

On my other two Intel computers and the old AMD computer now gone I had no problem with auto-updates. However, on the new (about a month old and stil being tested) Intel computer I have noticed that every day there a several auto updates that fail. I have not seen that on my other two Intel computers or my in service AMD computer running W7 SP-1 with BDIS. All four computes use the same router.

So there must be an issued with the new Inel computer. I have not really looked into it yet. Now for my question.

When an auto-update fails then the succeeds on the next try does the succesful update contain the same data as the one that failed or am I missing AV signatures?

Thanks

Comments

• I've seen Christian answer this one before, but I'd have to look in my bookmarks. I do remember him saying that it will install the missed updates, and catch up.

When I have time, I'll find it and post the link for reference sake.

• ozziebear
    ozziebear ✭✭✭
    I have BD W8 Security running on three Inel W8.1 computers. One of the computers is new and replaced an old AMD computer running W8.0.

On my other two Intel computers and the old AMD computer now gone I had no problem with auto-updates. However, on the new (about a month old and stil being tested) Intel computer I have noticed that every day there a several auto updates that fail. I have not seen that on my other two Intel computers or my in service AMD computer running W7 SP-1 with BDIS. All four computes use the same router.

So there must be an issued with the new Inel computer. I have not really looked into it yet. Now for my question.

When an auto-update fails then the succeeds on the next try does the succesful update contain the same data as the one that failed or am I missing AV signatures?

Thanks

Hi...I asked the same question awhile back. Here is the link. http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=140655

• I've seen Christian answer this one before, but I'd have to look in my bookmarks. I do remember him saying that it will install the missed updates, and catch up.

When I have time, I'll find it and post the link for reference sake.

Hi...I asked the same question awhile back. Here is the link. http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=140655

That's it, thanks for posting it, ozziebear :)

• ozziebear
    ozziebear ✭✭✭
    That's it, thanks for posting it, ozziebear :)
    No problem, thought I'd save you a little time. Did you notice that Christian replied to my question 3 minutes after I posted it. Ah, the good old days. LOL
  • columbo
    columbo
    edited March 2014

lol, I didn't notice that...what a response time :D Yes, 2012 into the beginning of 2013, were some good days here ^_^

• Nesivos
    Nesivos
    edited March 2014

Thanks

I replaced wifi with ethernet on that computer and all is good now. I think the problem may have been that computer is too close to the router since I hadn't noticed any update problems with my other computers using wifi and BD W8 Security.

Good old ethernet. It may not do much for the room decor but it sure as heck beats wifi any day when it comes to security, reliability and speed. :D