Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Disable My Bitdefender Login

Options

I am using Bitdefender free edition in my PC to evaluate whether I should purchase for other higher edition(for a small office consists of 60-70 pcs). But one issue I find is it's keep on poping up annoying pop up asking me to login. Is there anyway to disable this (I generally don't like to provide my e-mail, as I may get lot of spam emails) ? I am finding it tooo annoying. Bitdefender has even disabled scanning etc until I register my account. If software like this blackmail me, really I should reconsider my decision of purchasing. Just I am posting to know if this problem even exists in non-free edition also? If this is the case, then definitely I wouldn't be purchasing. Can anyone please confirm?

Comments

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options

Hello pradeepsimha143.

Yes you can disable it as follows -

A MyBitdefender account is required in order to use the online features of your product.

The online security dashboard (my.bitdefender.com) is an essential part of your online security, accessible anytime, anywhere, from any internet connected device. We strongly encourage you to use it to:

- protect yourself on Facebook with Safego

- remotely manage the security of your devices

- watch over your kids in the online world with Parental Control (available in Bitdefender Internet Security and Bitdefender Total Security)

- store your files safely online and access them instantly across your mobile devices with Bitdefender Safebox (available only for Bitdefender Total Security)

- track and recover control of stolen devices with Anti-Theft (for Bitdefender Total Security)

- you can also see all your devices and take advantage of promotions customized for you and retrieve the Bitdefender license key at any point should you lose it

Lastly, if you are still not interested in using the online features of the Bitdefender product, you can choose to enter any random email address and password in the box that prompts you to create a Bitdefender account. Once you do that, you will no longer receive pop-up reminders about the activation.

I am here for you if you have other questions or concerns, thank you!

As said above it is advantageous to enable MyBitdefender but the choice is obviously yours. :)

• Hello pradeepsimha143.

Yes you can disable it as follows -

As said above it is advantageous to enable MyBitdefender but the choice is obviously yours. :)

Thanks for reply. Yes I tried that, now it's asking me to verify the e-mail !! So it's literally a black-mail. Anyway we have decided to move out to other provider and make life easier. :)

• Thanks for reply. Yes I tried that, now it's asking me to verify the e-mail !! So it's literally a black-mail. Anyway we have decided to move out to other provider and make life easier. :)

Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition stops protection and nags for login after the trial period (the symptoms you describe). That is no black mail. For some reason your system thinks the trial period expired. Try to repair your installation from Windows' Control Panel. If that does not work, I suggest you uninstall, first from the Control Panel and then using the uninstall tool in the post on the top of this forum. Do a clean installation afterwards. That may reset things for you. Good luck.

P.S. The email address is used for registering a MyBitdefender account, so it has to be valid for the process to be completed. That account is where the license for all your Bitdefender products would be kept (in particular, one for Antivirus Free Edition would need to be there). But you do not need it through the trial period of Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition.

• dnzbr
    Options

I think the login feature shouldn't be mandatory, it gets complicated if we have to install it on more machines (parents, friends etc).

I don't mind sharing the same account and manage all the devices from my personal account. The problem is from a simple click on the program it will open a browser containing the login and password md5 to automatically login into my account. I think this auto login should be revised at least.

• I think the login feature shouldn't be mandatory, it gets complicated if we have to install it on more machines (parents, friends etc).

I don't mind sharing the same account and manage all the devices from my personal account. The problem is from a simple click on the program it will open a browser containing the login and password md5 to automatically login into my account. I think this auto login should be revised at least.

I did not think a single MyBitdefender account could serve as registration holder for different machines running Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition. I see how that could be possible with arguments for and against it. After reading your words I see how sharing a single device could compromise privacy through accesss to the antivirus interface. However leaving the control of the antivirus accessible to anyone but the system administrator is already a security hole. In my opinion, this antivirus should be used only on the MyBitdefender account holder's Personal Computer(s?).

• 1) Why use the Free version to evaluate? It is nothing like the premium products. Each product has a trial version available.

2) Email ........ a) you don't get spam email from Bitdefender, and B) if you are worried about spam, use a free/throwaway email address. ( I use mail.com which provides spam/virus protected mail, filter creation etc. is free and you can create any number of accounts.)

• Quick question, there's also a money guarantee if we try out a licensed version right? smile2.png

There is a free 30 day trial period. :)

• NotHappy1
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Thanks for reply. Yes I tried that, now it's asking me to verify the e-mail !! So it's literally a black-mail. Anyway we have decided to move out to other provider and make life easier. :)

Yeah, Sorry BD lovers but I'm with pradeepsimha143. I got misled by the BD marketing into thinking BD would sit there quietly and just get on with the job. I got the 5 machine license and have spent the last 2 weeks trying to make BD SHUTUP!!!!! for all my families accounts across the machines AHHHHHHH!!!!

I have given up and am going for a full refund.

I moved to BD as Vipre, my old AV, was hassling me to renew from 6 weeks before expiry which I found to be bully tactics.

I am going to go back but ask the Vipre team to quit with the bullying heavy sell - Americans may like that but I dont.

To the BD team I just want to point out that some customers just want a quiet unobtrusive AV as they have lives to get on with and dont want to spend most of their time battling with an AV that wants to get into bed with its user and be a close friend.

I'm posting this as I want to give constructive feedback. Even though I'm pretty cheesed off right now. Yes, some folk will love their AV looking after all their security, but not all. I'd be happy with a message telling me I am being silly but after that just go away. Pleeeeeease.

M

• I have installed BD on many systems, Register with MY Bitdefender once and that is it, I have NEVER sen anything pop up, ask me or anyone else to sign in to anything ......... not ever.