Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Had Enough Of Avast..but!

Options

So I am here after ditching the newest iteration of Avast and the disastrous performance degradation. So to Bitdefender.

Oh... first night it crashes after exiting from a game.

Second day trying to use on demand scanning of a single file. The dashboard 8 hours later still showing "1 on demand task".

Will it start, I wonder. Is it functional in the free version?

Does it work with XP SP3?

Any comments welcome.

Comments

• So I am here after ditching the newest iteration of Avast and the disastrous performance degradation. So to Bitdefender.

Oh... first night it crashes after exiting from a game.

Second day trying to use on demand scanning of a single file. The dashboard 8 hours later still showing "1 on demand task".

Any comments welcome.

Minimum system requirements

Operating system: Windows XP SP3 32-bit, Windows Vista (SP2), Microsoft Windows 7 (SP1), Microsoft Windows 8

RAM: 512MB

Hard disk space: 700 MB

Recommended system requirements

Operating system: Windows XP SP3 32-bit, Windows Vista (SP2), Microsoft Windows 7 (SP1), Microsoft Windows 8

RAM: 1 GB

Hard disk space: 1 GB

------------

How did you uninstall Avast! ? Did you use the Windows menu or the Avast Clean tool ?

I would run both of these tools to be sure all elements of Avast are gone from your system.

Avast Clear http://files.avast.com/iavs9x/avastclear.exe

Rejzors Avast Cleaning tool. https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=94a12102e509...AHu_KR3cJN1jHt4

• Minimum system requirements

RAM: 512MB

Hard disk space: 700 MB

Recommended system requirements

RAM: 1 GB

Hard disk space: 1 GB

------------

How did you uninstall Avast! ? Did you use the Windows menu or the Avast Clean tool ?

I would run both of these tools to be sure all elements of Avast are gone from your system.

Avast Clear http://files.avast.com/iavs9x/avastclear.exe

Rejzors Avast Cleaning tool. https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=94a12102e509...AHu_KR3cJN1jHt4

Neither directly. I used Revo Uninstaller. What is the issue about incomplete install of Avast then? What services or libraries are subsequently denied to Bitdefender, if it is unable to access required system resources this still does not bode well as there is no warning of the failure to perform correct operation; a serious shortcoming. If the answer is hidden in a log file, whilst it would be useful to know it is still not good that the program appears to be operating without compromise.

Either was I shall give your suggestion of avastclear a try and see if it makes a difference.

Thanks for that.

• aztony
    Options

Any comments welcome.

I have Bitdefender installed on a Win 7 32 bit desktop. One of the minor annoyances I've encountered is when I do an on-demand scan from the context menu, there is no on-screen display of its activity. I find myself having to click on Logs, and checking events for the disposition of the scan.

• Well whatever the cause the logs showed the scan was aborted. Today I scan again and it reports the scan completed almost instantly.

I was not able to run avastclear as the installation still needs to be intact, it seems it doesn't just remove residue, and as it as Avast had already been removed. I not really want to reinstall it again.

Not the brightest of starts with a new product but I will see how it rolls for a while.

• I have Bitdefender installed on a Win 7 32 bit desktop. One of the minor annoyances I've encountered is when I do an on-demand scan from the context menu, there is no on-screen display of its activity. I find myself having to click on Logs, and checking events for the disposition of the scan.

In my experience with Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition (Windows 8 64bit) the beginning and the end of on-demand scans are announced by a small message form the tray icon. On-demand scans and other irregular events (as the detection of infections) are indicated with additional boxes within the main interface (which would cleared by the user). The progress of any scan is indicated as the color change in the outline of its box. This is also the case for automated sweeps.