Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

> Bitdefender Total Security Slowed Down My Computer Speed Drastically

Options

Hi,

i have recently purchased Bitdefender total Security , but after the installation it has slowed down my computer speed drastically.

It is now EXTREMELY SLOW for everything and anything. Even opening my computer and google chrome takes long i don't know what the Bitdefender program is doing in the background

Since installing bitdefender my computer is practically useless. Every program I try to open including browsers spin and spin.

It freezes up my computer for a few minutes and i can not do anything at all. Sometimes I must force my computer to shut down in order to continue my work after the interuption of Bitdefender.

On the otherhand Bitdefender has not removed the malwares such as " Best price companion " from my browsers specialy from my Google Chrome.

Those problems are very annoying and they make me wonder if i have done a big mistake by purchasing Bitdefender.

I hope that you have a soloution for this. Otherwise I have spent a good money for a product which has'nt done me any good but more troubles than usuale.

My systeme specifications are :

Asus serie K

Windows 8.1

64-bit

Intel®Core™ i5-3317U CPU @1.70 GHz 1.70 GHz

RAM 4 GB

nVidia Geforce 740M

Comments

• cohbraz
    Options
    Hi,

i have recently purchased Bitdefender total Security , but after the installation it has slowed down my computer speed drastically.

It is now EXTREMELY SLOW for everything and anything. Even opening my computer and google chrome takes long i don't know what the Bitdefender program is doing in the background

Since installing bitdefender my computer is practically useless. Every program I try to open including browsers spin and spin.

It freezes up my computer for a few minutes and i can not do anything at all. Sometimes I must force my computer to shut down in order to continue my work after the interuption of Bitdefender.

On the otherhand Bitdefender has not removed the malwares such as " Best price companion " from my browsers specialy from my Google Chrome.

Those problems are very annoying and they make me wonder if i have done a big mistake by purchasing Bitdefender.

I hope that you have a soloution for this. Otherwise I have spent a good money for a product which has'nt done me any good but more troubles than usuale.

My systeme specifications are :

Asus serie K

Windows 8.1

64-bit

Intel®Core™ i5-3317U CPU @1.70 GHz 1.70 GHz

RAM 4 GB

nVidia Geforce 740M

Do you have Safebox turned on by any chance? If so, turn it off and restart the computer. See if that fixes the issue. Safebox will slow down my PC as well only if Safebox is on and has tried to sync files.

• Hi cohbraz,

thank you for your reply , but i have just checked if safebox was on. It is and was off.

I just want to get my old speed back without any frustration caused by Bitdefender !!!!! is it possible ? or i must forget about my money and uninstall this program for good !!

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Any chance that you have another anti-virus solution installed or that your previous anti-virus solution was not completely removed with a removal tool? There could be conflicts occurring. Is Windows Defender

turned off?

This does really sound like something is messing with Bitdefender's normal operation. I have been using TS for a couple of years now and have never encountered the issue that you have.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• Hi cohbraz,

thank you for your reply , but i have just checked if safebox was on. It is and was off.

I just want to get my old speed back without any frustration caused by Bitdefender !!!!! is it possible ? or i must forget about my money and uninstall this program for good !!

Almost certainly caused by a conflict with another AV/malware program.

If you can't find the cause of the problem, use the ticket/support package system provided in the GUI.

Look at bottom right corner for Help and Support, open the window and follow the instructions to create a support file and ticket.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello Boreir,

If you are still dealing with this issue, please post here a support tool log to further investigate the case:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-to-...t-log-1168.html

or

http://bitdefender.com/diagnostic

You may not be able to upload the BDSP_ log resulted on your Desktop here as it is too big so you can put it on www.sendspace.com and post the download link.

Otherwise, you can contact Bitdefender support via: http://www.bitdefender.com/en/Main/contactEmail

Thank you!