Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Waking Computer To Run A Scheduled Scan

Options

Hi, I recently began using Bitdefender 2014 on Windows 7, 64-bit. I have the two default scheduled scans (system scan and quick scan) set to run overnight, but they do not run because my computer is in hybrid sleep. I set up the task scheduler to run a simple task (open and close the DOS cmd shell), but my machine is set up to require a log in at wake. So the Task Scheduler wakes up the computer, but since it does not log me in, the virus scan does not run. There does not seem to be any way to set the Bitdefender scan to wake up the computer to run or am I missing something? Alternatively, is there a way to use Task Scheduler to do so (without disabling the login at wake in Win7)? Thanks!

Comments

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Welcome to the Bitdefender forums, Gwalchgwynn!

Be advised that Windows must be up and running in order for a Bitdefender scheduled scan to start.

A set of FAQ about 'Sleep and hibernation' is available here:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows...asked-questions

Thank you for your understanding.

• Hi, I recently began using Bitdefender 2014 on Windows 7, 64-bit. I have the two default scheduled scans (system scan and quick scan) set to run overnight, but they do not run because my computer is in hybrid sleep. I set up the task scheduler to run a simple task (open and close the DOS cmd shell), but my machine is set up to require a log in at wake. So the Task Scheduler wakes up the computer, but since it does not log me in, the virus scan does not run. There does not seem to be any way to set the Bitdefender scan to wake up the computer to run or am I missing something? Alternatively, is there a way to use Task Scheduler to do so (without disabling the login at wake in Win7)? Thanks!

I wouldn't bother with scheduled scans.

Make sure your system is clean and let Bitdefender watch your system. You have on access scanning, and Autoscan which checks your disc when idle.

I just run a manual scan once a month with Bitdefender and an on demand malware scanner.

• Thanks Adrian, (love the sig!)

What type of monthly scan do you run?

I was having it run the quick scan once per week and the system scan only once a month. The quick scan is pretty quick, so not really a big deal to let run for 60 secs, although it is also probably not that thorough enough to even bother with.

The system scan is more intensive and definitely something I would rather have run when I am not using the machine. I think I will just set a reminder and then disable the "login required on wake" for that night.

I wouldn't bother with scheduled scans.

Make sure your system is clean and let Bitdefender watch your system. You have on access scanning, and Autoscan which checks your disc when idle.

I just run a manual scan once a month with Bitdefender and an on demand malware scanner.

• Hi, I run the system scan once a month , I set it running then go into town on a shopping trip.

Job done when I get back.

I do the same every month with either Malwarebytes , SuperAntiSpyware or the Panda Cloud Cleaner .

Machine always comes up clean, I use OpenDNS and MVPS HOSTS files and EMET which keep you away from much of the garbage on the net, prevention is better than cure.

You might want to investigate Microsofts EMET which is a great way to stop malware before it starts.