Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[escalated to developers] Espn Fantasycast & Cbs Live Scoring Not Working

Options

I found this same topic closed in the 2013 forum. And Georgia posted to reopen it here if anyone has this problem.

Neither ESPN Fantasycast nor CBS Sportsline Live scoring update live since I installed BD Antivirus Plus a few weeks ago.

In the 2013 thread it had where "bdtl.dll" being replaced fixed it.

Since I installed it from the purchased CD in the store, could the files on the CD not be the latest?

But, I have the problem and need it fixed.

Art

Comments

• This is the same kind of problem that I am facing too and I needs its solution fast.

• amatz
    Options

In the 2013 products forum: 2013 Bitdefender forum

you seemed to have fixed this for one user (golfe). Has the fix not been put into the product for everyone else yet?

Any updates Georgia?

• amatz
    Options

Topic Update:

I had opened a support ticket before discovering the 2013 Product forum on this topic. After sending in a link of the 2013 topic to the rep

helping me on this topic. He had me try the following: (same steps for golfe in the 2013 forum):

---------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Open the Bitdefender > Settings

2. Go to the "Update" module

3. Select "Prompt before downloading"

4. Now restart the computer in Safe Mode.

[How to restart in Safe Mode]

- Restart the computer (Windows Start button - Turn Off - Restart);

- Press the 'F8' key several times before Microsoft Windows begins to load;

you need to press 'F8' until you will be displayed a text menu;

- Select 'SAFE MODE' in the text menu and press 'Enter'.

- Wait while Windows loads in Safe Mode; this process ends with a confirmation message; click 'OK' to acknowledge.

6. Browse to:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender folder.

7. Locate the file "bdtl.dll" and rename it to "bdtl.dl_";

8. Restart the computer in Normal mode;

9. Once the product will want to Update, please make sure to select only the Virus Signature option and not the Product Update one, as that will replace the file you renamed in Safemode.

10. Tell me if the issue is solved now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the bdtl.dll renamed to bdtl_dl_, my CBS live scoring and ESPN Fantasycast worked again.

Unfortunately, a new copy of bdtl.dll even though I didn't allow product updates download thru the prompt unless I did accidentally.

With bdtl.dll there, it doesn't work, without it there it does work.

After I informed him that it works after renaming bdtl, I got the folling response back:

The Bitdefender testing team verified the ESPN live scores twice during the past 7 days and they confirm that the scores are updated automatically.

Please access the ESPN website with another web browser (for example Internet Explorer) and let me know if everything works properly without having to rename the bdtl.dll file.

I was informed they tested using ESPN Gamecast, however I use CBS Live scoring and ESPN Fantasycast.

• amatz
    Options

Thru my support ticket, BD support had me update a file on my system which allows ESPN Gamecast, ESPN FantasyCast & CBS Fantasy live scoring to work now.

It is a workaround fix until they fix it in their product.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello all,

We are currently working on a solution which is going to be implemented soon via auto-update of Bitdefender. Please keep an eye on this topic: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=46294

As soon as we release the fix, we will post it in the update change-log.

Thank you for your patience.

• amatz
    Options
    Hello all,

We are currently working on a solution which is going to be implemented soon via auto-update of Bitdefender. Please keep an eye on this topic: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=46294

As soon as we release the fix, we will post it in the update change-log.

Thank you for your patience.

When they fix it, will it automatically replace update_components.xml that you had me replace which I assume prevents bdtl.dll from downloading?

Art

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello Art,

The answer is no.

To allow product updates you need to undo those changes. For this, you can edit in safe mode that .xml and replace <Product enabled="0" with <Product enabled="1"

After saving the change and rebooting the system, Bitdefender will also start to download product updates (if any). This will also replace the file that now allows you to view the website, so do not operate this modification until we announce the fix.

It should be available soon, we will post the news in the Update topic.

• amatz
    Options
    To allow product updates you need to undo those changes. For this, you can edit in safe mode that .xml and replace <Product enabled="0" with <Product enabled="1"

After saving the change and rebooting the system, Bitdefender will also start to download product updates (if any). This will also replace the file that now allows you to view the website, so do not operate this modification until we announce the fix.

If I upgrade to 2015, would I then go into Safe Mode, rename the bdtl.dll file, edit the new .xml file and chg Product enabled=1 to Product enabled=0 until the problem is fixed in the 2015 version?

Art