All Browsers Crash After Installing Bitdefender For Windows 8

After experiencing system crash and successfully repaired by a technician, I endeavored to have backup software for my lenovo flex 14 64bit. Now that backup software is Paragon Hard Disk Manager 14 Suite. Frsh from the repair, I updated windows 8 to windows 8.1. There my fresh windows 8.1 with all the updates was backed up by Paragon Hard Disk Manager 14 Suite.

What I did next was uninstall chrome and firefox, and restored the disk backup of windows 8.1 OS and system partition and to my amazement it was restored perfectly. Now I wanted to my lenovo flex 14 back to its original working state by first reinstalling bitdefender windows 8.

After the installation chrome and firefox doesnt open and internet explorer is very lag. What might be the real culprit?

Comments

• Nesivos
    Nesivos
    edited May 2014
    After experiencing system crash and successfully repaired by a technician, I endeavored to have backup software for my lenovo flex 14 64bit. Now that backup software is Paragon Hard Disk Manager 14 Suite. Frsh from the repair, I updated windows 8 to windows 8.1. There my fresh windows 8.1 with all the updates was backed up by Paragon Hard Disk Manager 14 Suite.

What I did next was uninstall chrome and firefox, and restored the disk backup of windows 8.1 OS and system partition and to my amazement it was restored perfectly. Now I wanted to my lenovo flex 14 back to its original working state by first reinstalling bitdefender windows 8.

After the installation chrome and firefox doesnt open and internet explorer is very lag. What might be the real culprit?

I can't offer and suggestions about Chrome or IE on W8.1 but I do use Firefox (v29.0.1) on W8.1 updated with BD W8 Security. One thing you could try is to uinstall Firefox complete. Then you could do a search for Firefox on your computer and delete all references to it except the installer file. It is important that you make sure all addons and your old proflle are completely deleted. Then run CCleaner and restart.

After that try reinstalling Firefox and let it open at the end of the install process. If it doesn't open your computer could be infected. I am not a malwre expert so I can't help you there. If you are using Malwarebytes you should be able to get some malware advice on their forum.

The only time I have had a problem opening Firefox on W8.X with BD W8 Security is when there was a conflict between Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit and Microsoft EMET 5.0 Technical Preview.