Luhe.lockscreen.a

I've been running Bit Defender for about 15 months now. During that time two rootkits have found their way into my laptop with no detection from bitdefender, but today, I discovered that your product missed Luhe.Lockscreen.a trojan. My system was running like a dog for the last few days. I checked bitdefender was up-to-date (auto updates with no failures) and after two scans, it didn't pick anything up.

I uninstalled bit defender, and installed a free virus checker which picked it up in Program Data.

How is this possible? I'm really in 2 minds as to whether to use your product again. It only ever seems to detect cookies as being malicious.

Comments

• AdrianHa
    edited June 2014
    I've been running Bit Defender for about 15 months now. During that time two rootkits have found their way into my laptop with no detection from bitdefender, but today, I discovered that your product missed Luhe.Lockscreen.a trojan. My system was running like a dog for the last few days. I checked bitdefender was up-to-date (auto updates with no failures) and after two scans, it didn't pick anything up.

I uninstalled bit defender, and installed a free virus checker which picked it up in Program Data.

How is this possible? I'm really in 2 minds as to whether to use your product again. It only ever seems to detect cookies as being malicious.

Without a lot more detail you won't get far.

What OS?

What version of Bitdefender.

What settings are you using in the BD antivirus ?

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    @ Adrian1407 As I understand from the previous contact, you had malware on your PC that Bitdefender did not detect or remove. Now, Bitdefender detects about 99,51% of the viruses in the wild, so you must understand that it is possible (although very unlikely) that an infection will get past Bitdefender. This happens mainly because viruses are updated all the time and there is a time gap between when the virus was created and we added the signature. I am not sure if this is what happened on your PC but this is the most likely situation.