Constant Locking Up?

I had heard that bitdefender was all the rage so when I needed new antivirus I decided to give it a shot. While it does it's job fairly well it CONSTANTLY locks up my whole PC for minute at a time since I've installed it. Happens randomly. Sometimes once and hour other times 5 times an hour but always for just a few minutes. There aren't any other antivirus programs present, it's fully updated as well. Searching for solutions hasn't yielded much as no one seems to have a fix or even explanation for why it happens. I've tried disabling every feature on it one by one and the problem still remains. Strongly considering just uninstalling it and going back to what I had which had zero issues, but if there is some sort of solution then I'd like to just ride out the rest of the period that I paid for.

Comments

• ozziebear
    ozziebear ✭✭✭
    I had heard that bitdefender was all the rage so when I needed new antivirus I decided to give it a shot. While it does it's job fairly well it CONSTANTLY locks up my whole PC for minute at a time since I've installed it. Happens randomly. Sometimes once and hour other times 5 times an hour but always for just a few minutes. There aren't any other antivirus programs present, it's fully updated as well. Searching for solutions hasn't yielded much as no one seems to have a fix or even explanation for why it happens. I've tried disabling every feature on it one by one and the problem still remains. Strongly considering just uninstalling it and going back to what I had which had zero issues, but if there is some sort of solution then I'd like to just ride out the rest of the period that I paid for.

Hi...I don't know whats causing your problem but you might try upgrading to the 2014 version. Also the 2015 version will be out any day now. The upgrades are free.

• I am now on the 2014 version, thought this was that forum. Hopefully the 2015 version will fix things.

• ozziebear
    ozziebear ✭✭✭
    I am now on the 2014 version, thought this was that forum. Hopefully the 2015 version will fix things.

Hi...You could try a repair and if that is not successful, then try a reinstallation. For a reinstall, I usually download the uninstaller and the offline installation kit and save them to my desktop. Restart your computer in safemode and run the uninstaller. Start computer normally and run a registry cleaner (CCleaner will work). Then run the offline installation kit and hopefully BD will work better for you. Good luck.

• ozziebear
    ozziebear ✭✭✭
    Hi...You could try a repair and if that is not successful, then try a reinstallation. For a reinstall, I usually download the uninstaller and the offline installation kit and save them to my desktop. Restart your computer in safemode and run the uninstaller. Start computer normally and run a registry cleaner (CCleaner will work). Then run the offline installation kit and hopefully BD will work better for you. Good luck.

I should also add that if the installer asks you if you wish to download the latest updates, choose no. You can do that after the installation is finished.