2015 Release Date And New Features

hi!

I wanted to ask about 2015 release date of BD and new features.

What about ram usage?

thanks

Comments

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭

Hiya,

The release date is scheduled for the 9th July I believe, although if any problems are found it could be put back. :D

Ram usage was less on my computer when I ran the beta, everyone's set-ups are different so it remains to be seen although it is something the BD team are aware of and have been working to reduce it.

Ro.

• When is bitdefender 2015 coming out?

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭

The word is July 9th, not long now. <_<

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello win465,

Thank you for your interest in our security solution, Bitdefender.

The new Bitdefender 2015 will be released in one week, July 9th. :)

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    hi!

I wanted to ask about 2015 release date of BD and new features.

What about ram usage?

thanks

Thank you for your questions.

Bitdefender 2015 is coming out indeed in one week, July 9th. :)

I can not tell you about the RAM usage, but you can find below the system requirements for the new product.

If you have other questions, please let us know.

post-34114-1404317094_thumb.png

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭

The download is very slow, showing 40 minutes for TS. I will wait for a while before updating.

• BE WARNED ! Download and install at your own risk .

I fully removed BDIS2014 and made a fresh install of 2015 from the downloads listed by Rampant.

My machine is totally frozen and unusable. I cannot access Task manager to kill anything, the laptop is locked solid.

• Links official, they are not mine) Bitdefender installed correctly, the problems do not notice.

• c0sm0s
    edited July 2014

Will all languages be available the 9th of july?

Or only English one?

I'm interested in the Dutch version. (nl)

• I had downloaded a few days ago from antivirus4U and have loved it ever since.I have not confronted a single issue yet.I have found it to be lighter than 2014.This years package seems much more refined to me.Any issues I had with 2014 in terms of of total system memory load during use,or stability,seem to be solved.It runs like a dream for me on my Windows 8.1 X64 PC.Kudos to the development team who did a superb job on the 2015 edition.Also,a big thank you to the beta testers for their valuable work as well.

• Will users of BDTS 2014 17.28.0.1191 get the 2015 version through automatic update? Assuming that we are still within the 3 (or 5) years license?

If not, does the 2014 version need to be uninstalled before installing the 2015 version?

If Yes, then will the license information get transferred automatically to the 2015 version?

• Will users of BDTS 2014 17.28.0.1191 get the 2015 version through automatic update? Assuming that we are still within the 3 (or 5) years license?

If not, does the 2014 version need to be uninstalled before installing the 2015 version?

If Yes, then will the license information get transferred automatically to the 2015 version?

No, not through updates. You need to uninstall old version , then install new.

The license info should be retained. ( but then you should always have a backup of your license. )

• I can say i found this issue as stated in this topic previously http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=51902

I just went ahead anyway and used Safepay and Acronis didnt seem to interfere on any noticeable level.This is definitely the best Bitdefender yet.

• Well goodbye BDIS 2015.

I have tried installing again this morning. Full clean up and fresh install.

This time the program loads, the laptop does not freeze but it is horribly slow.

Web browsing is so slow it is painful. ( There are no other security programs installed.)

( BDIS 2014 ran perfectly on the same machine )

Wallet runs continually despite being turned off in the GUI and is consuming CPU and memory, it is unwanted and will never be used.

Worse, even with Wallet turned off, every browser/page opened triggers a pop up for Wallet.

BDIS now also comes loaded with a long list of totally unwanted tools.

I don't want or need these tools, they will never be touched but they are not removable.

I see no reduction in resource use at all in this new version. The stats are the same.

Out of curiousity we tried installing on my son's Win7 64Bit PC, quad core , 12GB Ram.

BDIS 2013 and 2014 have been fine when installed, again full clean up, reg editor , new install and one very , laggy system.

Removed 2015, reinstall 2014 and all is well.

• kyros15
    edited July 2014

unfortunatelly ram usage is the same <_<

FB activation doesn't work

• ... The license info should be retained. ( but then you should always have a backup of your license. ) ...

How do I backup my license electronically? Do you mean save the box that the product came in? That has the registration code.

• antikythera
    edited July 2014
    How do I backup my license electronically? Do you mean save the box that the product came in? That has the registration code.

you can make a note of the license code from your existing installation. click the number of days left and it will display it on screen.

also if you registered for/entered existing my.bitdefender.com account details in the program it will be stored online too.

as for whether to install 2015 before official launch, I will personally not do so. I will hold off until at least one version update has been written about in the forum. it may well run perfectly on release, however I am not going to risk it. been there and got the t-shirt too many times over the years ;)

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    edited July 2014

I store all digital download license key details in a separate e-mail folder and all details (digital or otherwise) are also backed up separately to the cloud. There are plenty of free cloud back up options like Dropbox, Google Drive and Microsoft's OneDrive. :)

Yeah, I think I will wait for a while and watch the forum before installing 2015, I am happy with 2014 for now.

• Paul.R
    Paul.R ✭✭✭

Just installed Bitdefender 2015, everything works perfect.

• Just installed Bitdefender 2015, everything works perfect.

+1

Awesome job Bitdefender team/testers!

Keep up the great work :)

• realkaka2204
    edited July 2014

I have downloaded (from the list by Rampant) and installed Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 which works normal.

• BTS 2015 work great!

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Bitdefender 2015, is now available for download.

You leave me no choice but to ban your account for leaking these links.

However, since those kits are not the final version, there will be a temporary 3-month ban.

If other users have attempted to install Bitdefender 2015 using the links provided by Rampant - please be advised that we do not offer support for this case.

Thank you for your understanding. Please wait July 9th to have Bitdefender 2015 up and running.

This discussion has been closed.