Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Multiple Instances Of Bitdefender In Task Manager

Hello,

I have noticed that I have many instances of Bitdefender Security Centre & Bitdefender Antivirus scanner in task manager on Windows 8.1 Pro x64, these can't be killed & only vanish on a reboot then start to appear again over time (I rarely reboot) This also seems to cause slowdown on the PC with some apps taking longer to start, sometimes Task manager can take 30 seconds to appear, this is on a fast Intel SSD drive.

Attached is a screenshot showing the issue.

Cheers,

Banzi.

post-144019-1404741285_thumb.jpg

Comments

• Hello,

I have noticed that I have many instances of Bitdefender Security Centre & Bitdefender Antivirus scanner in task manager on Windows 8.1 Pro x64, these can't be killed & only vanish on a reboot then start to appear again over time (I rarely reboot) This also seems to cause slowdown on the PC with some apps taking longer to start, sometimes Task manager can take 30 seconds to appear, this is on a fast Intel SSD drive.

Attached is a screenshot showing the issue.

Cheers,

Banzi.

hello there are multiple services that do run. they should not be killed via task manager and will restart themselves. the program has 'self defense'. you can cut down on some of the extraneous services and I will send you instructions via pm as they aren't really recommended for general usage unless you know what they prevent loading and are willing to go down that route at your own responsibility.

attached is the standard number of services running on W7 x64 SP1 for Antivirus Plus.

post-147261-1404742783_thumb.png

• BanziBaby
    edited July 2014

Hi antikythera & thanks for the reply & the pm, nice avatar pic of a comic genius btw :)

I do have the wallet functionality disabled in both the BD GUI & also the autorun entries thanks to AutoRuns, I'm wondering if the multiple instances might just be a task manager bug as they don't show when using Process Explorer. I also wonder if BD is fully compatible with Windows 8.1 as I have noticed a few glitches ie sometimes when opening the BD GUI it shows it is updating but doesn't actually update as shown when looking through the update events, in the attached screenshot it shows that BD didn't update for several hours & I got the yellow tray icon, when opening the GUI it says it is updating but doesn't download anything (ie 0kb of 0kb downloaded)

I tried to stop it but clicking the stop button did nothing & I had to reboot, when the PC rebooted BD took a while to load & was slowing down the whole loading process.

When I checked the logs later there was a period of many hours where no update was done as it was stuck saying updating.

Cheers,

Banzi.

post-144019-1404782945_thumb.jpg

post-144019-1404783168_thumb.jpg